Groups
    EXPIRED

Help - how do I check whether a restaurant / caterers are any good?

Does anyone have any top tips on sites to find / check reviews on caterers / restaurants please?

I urgently need to find a good carribbean caterer in the midlands somewhere ...near Sheffield / Nottingham / Mansfield/ Derby ...

I have found a few names online, but have just found really awful review for the one that looked the most professional!

9 Comments

most profesional caterers will let you sample food before deciding which to go for thus letting you make your own mind up obviously if they are a restaraunt as well then go there to get a feel for the type of service they give as this is easily as important as the food.

I'll send my mum up for a fee lol

But really is word of mouth from clients and taste tests

Original Poster

I've got less than 4 weeks and was just looking to narrow it down a bit on line before starting tastings ... any tips for great review sites would be appreciated...

Original Poster

grahamh1981;5552695

most profesional caterers will let you sample food before deciding which … most profesional caterers will let you sample food before deciding which to go for thus letting you make your own mind up obviously if they are a restaraunt as well then go there to get a feel for the type of service they give as this is easily as important as the food.

Graham, you're in Sheffield! Have you ever tried UKMama? Their website looks great, but have found mixed reviews for them ...

Check out
    scoresonthedoors.org.uk/
    for hygiene ratings.
    No idea how to check out quality other than work of mouth I guess.

Laffy42;5553164

Graham, you're in Sheffield! Have you ever tried UKMama? Their website … Graham, you're in Sheffield! Have you ever tried UKMama? Their website looks great, but have found mixed reviews for them ...

no but give me there adress and i will look in on them in the week for you

Original Poster

grahamh1981;5553619

no but give me there adress and i will look in on them in the week for you

Only if you are going past ...
    UK MAMA, 257 Fulwood Road, Broomhill, Sheffield, S10 3BD.
    Thank you!

Laffy42;5553704

Only if you are going past ...UK MAMA, 257 Fulwood Road, Broomhill, … Only if you are going past ...UK MAMA, 257 Fulwood Road, Broomhill, Sheffield, S10 3BD.Thank you!

no worries will bob in tommorrow after work any questions you have for them?

Original Poster

grahamh1981;5563094

no worries will bob in tommorrow after work any questions you have for … no worries will bob in tommorrow after work any questions you have for them?

Really? Blimey ... don't go out of your way though!

Just to see what it's like & if clean & smells OK!

Thank you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1434
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277961
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2658
      4. word association Game72944191

See more discussions