Help! How do you tone down dyed hair...PLEASE?!

Found 25th Jul 2009
Okay...tried a different shade and it has gone waaaaay too dark - i look like Morticia! Is there anything i can do to lighten it. I have tried a cheapy shampoo ( as it has stripped the colour in the past when i didn't want it to) but all it has done is make it shiney - grrr, Any ideas please??
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  1. Misc
that aussie shampoo generally strips colour
head and shoulders is suppose to strip coloured hair but to be honest unless you use a harsh chemical nothing is going to trone it down after a few washes
If Semi - Permanent keep washing it,but I guess you probably done permamanent,it be a dear do to fix at salon if you do that route
i would have also said head & Shoulders thats harsh on hair
Original Poster
thanks for your speedy replies peeps. I have aussie - but ironically it's the one for coloured hair - the one to preserve it. Head and Shoulders - yup - brilliant for stripping colour - i've found that out to my cost in the past. 'Fraid it was a permanent colour, but i might try a bit of citrus h & s - mmm - lemon juice might that work?

i would have also said head & Shoulders thats harsh on hair

same here thats what i was told
You can get a colour stripper but not cheap, or get an even lighter semi-permanent
Why not get one of those Garnier Nutrisse Multi light kits and add some natural looking highlights into it maybe will lighten it up a bit and make it more natural looking.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants