HELP! How to block facebook APP connecting on my network, router, etc!

Found 14th Feb 2012
Hi, ive blocked the word, the facebook.com dns, so all pc's or "web" access through my houses router CANNOT access facebook.

but a mobile running an APP (iphone, ipod etc) can still connect fine!!!!

GRRRRRRRRR lol

its really doing my head in, anyone had experience with this?

27 Comments

D-link modem/router ?

Original Poster

it's a netgear router and im pretty good thanks

is it all facebook you want to block or just the apps/ games ?
Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Feb 2012

Original Poster

all facebook, whether it be via an app or a browser. I dont want anyone using my network (router) to access it.

What's the model number of netgear ?

you could try open dns and block social networking goo.gl/m5cK3
Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Feb 2012

Original Poster

dga

The Facebook app routes through Apple servers AFAIK. Good luck with that … The Facebook app routes through Apple servers AFAIK. Good luck with that

yh, that's the whole point, um, thanks for being helpfull, if helpfull means obnoxious..

/donut

you let a child play on xbox live but wont let people in your house use facebook?

Original Poster

dataload

you let a child play on xbox live but wont let people in your house use … you let a child play on xbox live but wont let people in your house use facebook?

********* like you make me laugh, thanks for that.

You see a picture and make your assumptions, he thought he was playing, and i took a pic, as it looked so cute.

but thanks for your pathetic comment.
Edited by moderator: "potty mouth" 14th Feb 2012

Original Poster

dga

I've given you the answer, its up to you to ask if you need further … I've given you the answer, its up to you to ask if you need further assistance.

yh, thanks for that.

If the person who's ipod does not know how to reset use the restrictions option in ipod

support.apple.com/kb/…213

Why exactly do you need to block Facebook?

DudeyGeeza

********* like you make me laugh, thanks for that.You see a picture and … ********* like you make me laugh, thanks for that.You see a picture and make your assumptions, he thought he was playing, and i took a pic, as it looked so cute.but thanks for your pathetic comment.

http://www.e-careers.com/images/Fishing_Course.jpg
Edited by moderator: "quoting potty mouth" 14th Feb 2012

Dudeeeeey! Does this help?

Original Poster

fluffyundacrakas

Dudeeeeey! Does this help?

thanks hun, it's basically as the APPS connect to apple first, and not to facebook, so these methods of blocking do not work.

it's ok, i'll just sell their phones/ipods

dga

Staying subscribed for the lulz!! X)

Staying subscribed for dga's tears when he tries to get into chat tonight and finds Dudey has kicked him out X)

Banned

Dudey is a little uptight...

Original Poster

thanks lol, but not without reason.

someone asks for help and "some people" post pointless, unhelpfull comments.. so probabaly should have stopped themselves typing away on the keyboard, but my guess is they have nothing else better to do

Banned

DudeyGeeza

thanks lol, but not without reason.someone asks for help and "some … thanks lol, but not without reason.someone asks for help and "some people" post pointless, unhelpfull comments.. so probabaly should have stopped themselves typing away on the keyboard, but my guess is they have nothing else better to do

You do know where you are right?

dga

OP M/F? I've never paid much notice.

I keep telling you dga, save the sex talk for the chat room, now is not the time or place (_;) X)

Original Poster

yes, sometimes i forget that when someone genuinely comes and asks for help, that he will get the odd random posting pointless comments as it's a public misc forum, each to themselves i suppose, but thanks to all those who had helping in mind

the odd randoms only being obnoxious are keeping me entertained anyways

Banned

No such thing as free help, you have to expect a little ridicule as your payment!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

You got your answer, you need to block it on the device or block all … You got your answer, you need to block it on the device or block all connections to apples servers (which facebook is routed through), but that will basically stop most apps and the store etc.

i have yes, thank you, but someone in here pointed out that as it's a misc forum, they will chat about whatever they like anyways lol...

Original Poster

im brunette and all real

Banned

DudeyGeeza

im brunette and all real

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/158/194/macro-i-can-t-fap-to-this.png

Can be friends though. Cheer up sour face, PMT isn't for life

http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/facebook-memes-chat.jpg

DudeyGeeza

im brunette and all real

All real what though i think is the question?

Parent controls = If i catch you on facebook then im taking the device off you for good.

On a side note i didnt realise that the facebook app connected via apple, guess you learn something new everyday.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants