Help! How to clean this part of my windows?

Posted 13th May
Please could anyone advise how I could clean the dirt trapped within my windows.
I have triple glazed window and all 3 parts of the glass is part of one.

3462632-lF7yh.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
That's not triple glazing, looks like double glazing with secondary fitted, does it open for ventilation/ means of a escape?
15 Comments
What is that swirly stuff on your window?
That's not triple glazing, looks like double glazing with secondary fitted, does it open for ventilation/ means of a escape?
As airfix says. Remove the aliminium part, clean, reassemble.
one things for sure; the nearest and middle panels are not a sealed unit with that muck inside it. There must be a method of removing the inside panel. The frme looks wide enough to support sliding panels. Are you sure it wont slide open?
Haircut_10013/05/2020 12:18

What is that swirly stuff on your window?

For privacy left by previous owner.

airfix13/05/2020 12:22

That's not triple glazing, looks like double glazing with secondary …That's not triple glazing, looks like double glazing with secondary fitted, does it open for ventilation/ means of a escape?

No, only the complete window opens.
Definitely not triple glazing
You need to remove the secondary glazing, usually screws are hidden behind thin timber trims around the perimeter.
airfix13/05/2020 13:08

You need to remove the secondary glazing, usually screws are hidden behind …You need to remove the secondary glazing, usually screws are hidden behind thin timber trims around the perimeter.

Or maybe that white knob bottom right of the pic?
mas9913/05/2020 13:40

Or maybe that white knob bottom right of the pic?

White knob is on the outside
rimalpatel00713/05/2020 13:52

Can you post a picture from inside please? Certainly looks like a double glazed unit had been fitted to a standard window, or a single pane added to a double glazed unit. Hard to tell from that single pic. However, does look like a mix of pvc and aluminium which certainly suggest they were fitted at different times. If that is the case, then the last to be fitted should be the easiest to remove.
rimalpatel00713/05/2020 13:52

So? Something is holding that aluminium on. Pic of the whole window would help.
Ringfinger13/05/2020 14:33

Can you post a picture from inside please? Certainly looks like a double …Can you post a picture from inside please? Certainly looks like a double glazed unit had been fitted to a standard window, or a single pane added to a double glazed unit. Hard to tell from that single pic. However, does look like a mix of pvc and aluminium which certainly suggest they were fitted at different times. If that is the case, then the last to be fitted should be the easiest to remove.

mas9913/05/2020 15:52

So? Something is holding that aluminium on. Pic of the whole window …So? Something is holding that aluminium on. Pic of the whole window would help.

Pic from inside below. Thanks for advise so far.
Ringfinger13/05/2020 14:33

Can you post a picture from inside please? Certainly looks like a double …Can you post a picture from inside please? Certainly looks like a double glazed unit had been fitted to a standard window, or a single pane added to a double glazed unit. Hard to tell from that single pic. However, does look like a mix of pvc and aluminium which certainly suggest they were fitted at different times. If that is the case, then the last to be fitted should be the easiest to remove.

Property was built 10yrs ago and all houses were built at the same time without any further modifications
I remember Spirograph, I didn't get to use it on my windows though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions