HELP! HP Printer 2632 black printing issue

Posted 6th Apr
I have HP DeskJet 2632 All‑in‑One Printer, and today when I went to print I noticed the when printing a letter in black font colour, they printing is very low, you can hardly read it.

Anyone got any tips on how I can resolved this?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

30 Comments
Clean the nozzles.
Crustysock06/04/2020 17:40

Clean the nozzles.

DemonOverlord06/04/2020 17:46

Literally the first …Literally the first hit:https://lmgtfy.com/?q=HP+Printer+2632+black+printing

I've done a realignment of the heads as well as cleaning the nozzles.

40324017-gzFsS.jpg
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 6th Apr
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 17:53

I've done a realignment of the heads as well as cleaning the …I've done a realignment of the heads as well as cleaning the nozzles.[Image]

Dunno then.
HP want 17.99 for a one time fix
Stupid question maybe but I assume you have plenty of ink?

If so, do you use it often or not or does it sit for long periods unused?
Rusty8206/04/2020 20:56

Stupid question maybe but I assume you have plenty of ink?If so, do you …Stupid question maybe but I assume you have plenty of ink?If so, do you use it often or not or does it sit for long periods unused?

Black is 95% colour is 50%
Hardly use it, maybe once every 4 months.
this happened to mine to

maybe it’s a common fault
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 20:57

Black is 95% colour is 50%Hardly use it, maybe once every 4 months.

Ink printers aren't great for infrequent use. The nozzles get blocked and then when they sit for long periods it's not really possible for the printer to clean them properly as the ink has solidified.
Mendoza06/04/2020 21:00

this happened to mine tomaybe it’s a common fault

You got same model printer?
Rusty8206/04/2020 21:02

Ink printers aren't great for infrequent use. The nozzles get blocked and …Ink printers aren't great for infrequent use. The nozzles get blocked and then when they sit for long periods it's not really possible for the printer to clean them properly as the ink has solidified.

There a DIY job to fix this?
Rusty8206/04/2020 21:02

Ink printers aren't great for infrequent use. The nozzles get blocked and …Ink printers aren't great for infrequent use. The nozzles get blocked and then when they sit for long periods it's not really possible for the printer to clean them properly as the ink has solidified.

Just looked this model up, if you remove the black ink cartridge and look at the bottom does it look like there is ink that has hardened?
Rusty8206/04/2020 21:08

Just looked this model up, if you remove the black ink cartridge and look …Just looked this model up, if you remove the black ink cartridge and look at the bottom does it look like there is ink that has hardened?

Here is a pic of both for comparison

40327241-65WhH.jpg
Left is colour and right is black.

You can see on the black the metal stips looks a mess.
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 21:37

Here is a pic of both for comparison[Image] Left is colour and right is …Here is a pic of both for comparison[Image] Left is colour and right is black. You can see on the black the metal stips looks a mess.

So I have the black a little wipe and did a quick print.
Result below:

40327328-elLUp.jpg
Looks like it did the trick however not 100%
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 21:37

Here is a pic of both for comparison[Image] Left is colour and right is …Here is a pic of both for comparison[Image] Left is colour and right is black. You can see on the black the metal stips looks a mess.

Yeah it doesn't look the best. You could try and wipe them and see if you can improve them. Not sure what you could use from home, a barely damp cloth maybe. Unlikely this will make much difference. Maybe an alcohol based spray if you had one. If they do clean up just make sure they are dry before trying them. Failing all that you'd need to replace the cartridges.
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 21:42

So I have the black a little wipe and did a quick print.Result …So I have the black a little wipe and did a quick print.Result below:[Image] Looks like it did the trick however not 100%

I would maybe try doing a manual clean a few more times as gently as possible. Test each time and then do a nozzle clean through the printer control panel/computer.
Rusty8206/04/2020 21:48

I would maybe try doing a manual clean a few more times as gently as …I would maybe try doing a manual clean a few more times as gently as possible. Test each time and then do a nozzle clean through the printer control panel/computer.

Thanks for the tip.

HP did send out another set of cartridges few months back. I'll swap the black over.

Any idea where that will leave me when the new black runs low, as HP sends out replacement cartridges based on ink useage?
If you have IPA alcohol then wet a kitchen towel with it and then give the business end of the carts a wipe until the ink starts flowing out freely.
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 21:54

Thanks for the tip. HP did send out another set of cartridges few months …Thanks for the tip. HP did send out another set of cartridges few months back. I'll swap the black over. Any idea where that will leave me when the new black runs low, as HP sends out replacement cartridges based on ink useage?

No problem. Sorry can't help with that, I've no experience of how that works.

Might be an idea to do a nozzle clean(through printer not manual) after each time you print if it's going to be so long between prints.

Good luck.
IAmATeaf06/04/2020 21:56

If you have IPA alcohol then wet a kitchen towel with it and then give the …If you have IPA alcohol then wet a kitchen towel with it and then give the business end of the carts a wipe until the ink starts flowing out freely.

Thanks.

HP site advises to use a damp cotton bud
Don't assume it is the black cartridge only .... the black is made up using the coloured cartridges, unless you specify black only in the settings. I used to put about 5mm of warm water in a saucer and let the jets sit in it for a while...... worked most of the time.
steve.t07/04/2020 09:33

Don't assume it is the black cartridge only .... the black is made up …Don't assume it is the black cartridge only .... the black is made up using the coloured cartridges, unless you specify black only in the settings. I used to put about 5mm of warm water in a saucer and let the jets sit in it for a while...... worked most of the time.

Cheers, will give that a go.
When on chat with HP via whatsapp and they advised to do the following which fixed the issue:

> Press the Power button to turn on the product.
> With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
> Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
> Wait at least 15 seconds.
> Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.
> Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.
> If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

They have also credited back all the prints used on test print.
rimalpatel00708/04/2020 15:53

When on chat with HP via whatsapp and they advised to do the following …When on chat with HP via whatsapp and they advised to do the following which fixed the issue:> Press the Power button to turn on the product.> With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.> Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.> Wait at least 15 seconds.> Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.> Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.> If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.They have also credited back all the prints used on test print.

this almost worked for me, it definitely made a difference

maybe if I do it again, it will complete the job
Mendoza08/04/2020 15:57

this almost worked for me, it definitely made a difference maybe if I do …this almost worked for me, it definitely made a difference maybe if I do it again, it will complete the job

what result where you left with the first time?
rimalpatel00706/04/2020 20:57

Hardly use it, maybe once every 4 months.

There's your issue right there. Inkjet printers need to be 'cycled' to keep the ink fresh in the nozzle(s). Even if you aren't going to use the printer for a job, at least turn it on at least ONCE A MONTH - let it perform a charge cycle (just let it sit for a minute or two to do it's thing) and turn off again. This will be sufficient.

Also, if the nozzles ARE blocked then you already know you can perform a "NozzleClean" but DO NOT do more than 3 nozzle cleans in quick succession. If you do, you CAN actually make things worse. It can also lead to flooding. Let the printer sit for a while between triple-cleans.

For future reference, you can buy cleaning cartridges or cleaning kits (injection fluid/syringe) from Ebay and perform a manual clean to flush the dry ink out.
rimalpatel00708/04/2020 15:59

what result where you left with the first time?

a little bit lighter, than the test picture you posted (the one that says black)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions