Found 16th Jul 2010
My Humax 9200 has completely crashed on me just now,when i press play on any programmes i have just taped it just says they are scrambled,everything that was taped previously seems to have disappeared,any ideas pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaasse?

1. Misc
  2. Humax
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Humax
15 Comments

If you can get into the Menu (settings) and get to Installation and Default Setting it often fixes problems like this. You wont loose your recorded programmes but will loose all your scheduled recordings so will need to redo those afterwards.

Original Poster

No tried it,but thanks for your help anyway

sorry it actually says the words "Your recordings are scrambled?".

Normally electronics like this give some kind of error code.

Did you install the latest update for it? mine works alot better now!

Original Poster

It said the channel was scrambled so its just not recorded anything at all that i have recorded tomight bbc, itv,channel 4,the last update is showing as 20th may

Original Poster

Wondering weather to just format the whole thing

Ask a stupid question, but you've turned it off and on again at the back? my 9200 is always doing things like this; failing to see the HD, crashing etc but it's always fine after I turn it off at the back, I've never had to reformat it.

Original Poster

yeah,switched it all off at the back,never known it to do this before,it has played up in the past and just switched it off like u said and it fixes it but not this time think there is somat defo wrong with it

julieg

yeah,switched it all off at the back,never known it to do this before,it … yeah,switched it all off at the back,never known it to do this before,it has played up in the past and just switched it off like u said and it fixes it but not this time think there is somat defo wrong with it

Have you tried a factory default?

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Plumhukd/factorydefault.png

Original Poster

ill try it now ,thanks

Original Poster

Husband just told me he has done it twice with no luck :-(

Original Poster

we had to reformat it,seems to have worked but lost all my programmes never mind at least its working,thanks every1 for yr help

You can't deny its a great piece of kit, WHEN it works though! ;-)

Original Poster

yes,very pleased with it otherwise,save me having to fork out to sky

just turn it off at plug and wait few mins before turning back on. will reboot itself hopefully. taped progs will still be there
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56527
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions