Help I need to make a label for my egg boxes!

14 replies
Found 23rd Apr 2010
Got all the chickens laying and too many eggs! Going to pass some on to friends but thought I'd like to make the boxes look better by doing our own labels.
Problem being I've no idea where to start, my computer skills are limited to basic word processing and surfing the net.
Anyone willing to explain how?

14 Comments

Buy A4 sheets of sticky labels, & use MS Word to design a suitable label.

You may need to invest in a Dymo label printer (or something similar). The software that comes with it is fairly simple to use.

or just staple the paper to the egg box!

Or... buy a Black & Red marker pen :thumbsup:

Banned

how many chickens you got, there is 3 people round here who have chickens, are they hard work?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rdi/lowres/rdin133l.jpg

Original Poster

pipsqueak;8438761

Have a look at this … Have a look at this sitehttp://www.poultrykeepersalmanac.co.uk/software/labels1.html

oh that looks complicated, I'm off to give it a shot

Original Poster

sassie;8438770

how many chickens you got, there is 3 people round here who have … how many chickens you got, there is 3 people round here who have chickens, are they hard work?

we've only got 4 and they are very easy to keep, mine are slightly spoilt they get run of garden a lot and the kids love them. If they are out they follow us round the garden, one went on my daughters sledge with her they are that soft!

Banned

lostscot;8438807

we've only got 4 and they are very easy to keep, mine are slightly spoilt … we've only got 4 and they are very easy to keep, mine are slightly spoilt they get run of garden a lot and the kids love them. If they are out they follow us round the garden, one went on my daughters sledge with her they are that soft!

would love to get two, and know my son would, but not sure about the mess they leave, like the poop :oops:and also my son loves eggs, fried, poached, boiled etc,etc, so how bad is the mess and what do they live in? and what do ya feed them? oh maybe i just carry on with supermarket eggs - lol

Original Poster

Thanks everyone,
They are very easy my husband built ours a house and a big run with branches etc in then when we're home they have run of garden. Most of the poo is at night in there house and it's just like cleaning a big rabbit hutch! and other bits I just hose off lawn, they eat pellets from pet shop plus treats like peas,sweetcorn, leftovers!

Hi, I have a label printing disc, it has different designs and days of the week plus blank ones, months etc, I could let you use it but would like it back, any good for you?

off now, will check back in later

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;8438918

Hi, I have a label printing disc, it has different designs and days of … Hi, I have a label printing disc, it has different designs and days of the week plus blank ones, months etc, I could let you use it but would like it back, any good for you?off now, will check back in later

Thats really kind but I don't want to put you to trouble, I'll try tonight in peace without horrible toddler and see how I go doing it on that online thing first.
Thanks

RickT;8438768

Or... buy a Black & Red marker pen :thumbsup:

This ^^^^^^^ and just write the word EGGS on it.:thumbsup:

lostscot;8438991

Thats really kind but I don't want to put you to trouble, I'll try … Thats really kind but I don't want to put you to trouble, I'll try tonight in peace without horrible toddler and see how I go doing it on that online thing first.Thanks

No problem, if you change yr mind just pm me :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions