Groups

Help. I See Dead Pixels!

Recently bought a 32" Samsung LED Backlit TV from Amazon.co.uk

About 1-2 weeks after purchase I noticed at least 2 dead pixels, so gave Amazon a call.
    They were happy to send a replacement TV to me & I have just had it delivered today.

Everything should be fine & I should be enjoying my new TV.
    But that is not the case.
    As fate would have it, this replacement TV has not 2 dead pixels, but at least 4 dead pixels that I have spotted!!!

I am seriously thinking of sending them both back to Amazon asap.

Thoughts please.

10 Comments

sure its not a dodge hdmi or scart cable

thought a certain amount of dead pixels were allowed?

Original Poster

I think I will send them both back to Amazon & get a refund.

4 dead pixels is just poor imo.

I think I will invest in another manufacturer in future. Possibly Sony.

Send it back - this time buy a better brand like Sony, Philips, Panasonic or Alba.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311

If pixels are that important to you, send it back again. Seriously, … If pixels are that important to you, send it back again. Seriously, you've paid, you're not satisfied, send it back.

My feelings exactly.

Mallinersha

Send it back - this time buy a better brand like Sony, Philips, Panasonic … Send it back - this time buy a better brand like Sony, Philips, Panasonic or Alba.

I think I will.
    I'm leaning towards Sony or Panasonic.
    I thought Samsung would be a good brand to buy. They are aside from the dead pixels.

Banned

You have 2 tv's now keep 1 sell 1 = 100% profit

Original Poster

D4ND4N

No.

Amazon have sent me a replacement TV. I have to send back the 1st one or I will be charged for the replacement in 30 days.

starsparkle2311

If pixels are that important to you, send it back again. Seriously, … If pixels are that important to you, send it back again. Seriously, you've paid, you're not satisfied, send it back.

starsparkle2311

Mallinersha

Send it back - this time buy a better brand like Sony, Philips, … Send it back - this time buy a better brand like Sony, Philips, Panasonic or Alba.

I have a Sony and a Panasonic and if I needed another one I'd get a Sony. The specs are very similar and both tvs were purchased around the same time but the Sony picture is slightly better and the Panasonic has started to make a high pitched noise which is annoying. The Sony is fabulous.

D4ND4N

Thanks - I'll avoid you on the for sale/for trade forum.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764427
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2595
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good11

See more discussions