Groups

Help-Ikea wall stickers won't stick!!!

As above, I have the wall stickers of a huge flower, and no matter what i do it won't stick!

Any help Please, before i go insane!!

Ive tried soapy water x

37 Comments

Banned

Buy wallpaper paste?

What surface are you sticking to?

Original Poster

pghstochaj;6396790

What surface are you sticking to?

emulsion paint on bedroom wall!

Super glue lol

Original Poster

deb8z;6396802

Super glue lol

lol dont tempt me!

*katie*;6396800

Is the wall smooth hun? x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6396814

Is the wall smooth hun? x

no its like that bubbly wallpaper stuff underneath : ( x

*katie*;6396800

Does it matter if you damage the paint work as a result of sticking them? What do the stickers stick with?

*katie*;6396833

Thats why hunni xxx

Original Poster

pghstochaj;6396835

Does it matter if you damage the paint work as a result of sticking them? … Does it matter if you damage the paint work as a result of sticking them? What do the stickers stick with?

Yeah I dont really want it damaged 2bh :-/ there sticky already- well they are until they get to my wall!

ClarityofMind;6396838

Thats why hunni xxx

: ( o dear, just when i want them up aswel : ( xxx

Maybe get rid of the wood chip by sounds of it,and get decorate,then put them up.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;6396870

Maybe get rid of the wood chip by sounds of it,and get decorate,then put … Maybe get rid of the wood chip by sounds of it,and get decorate,then put them up.

I can't my room , only just been done! they will stick to everything else like radiators, think my just go get some wallpaper paste to be honest now.

*katie*;6396833

P.S. dont just rip that bubbly wallpaper stuff off without considering what it may be hiding underneath ... remember stripping down our bathroom and the plastering literally came off with the wallpaper, had to have the whole room replastered xxx

Yeh woodchip in livingroom of this house,had to be replastered/skimmed or whatever,there was even wallpaper on ceiling,never do know what the walls are like underneath it.

Just get some double sided tape and try that rather than wall paper paste.

]http//so…rs/

They come in all sorts of sizes and are like a sticky backed velcro.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;6396903

Just get some double sided tape and try that rather than wall paper paste.

either one i have to go out for lol i think i may quickly go b n q as im so impatient! They should say these stuff on the labels!

*katie*;6396922

either one i have to go out for lol i think i may quickly go b n q as im … either one i have to go out for lol i think i may quickly go b n q as im so impatient! They should say these stuff on the labels!

Sounds like me LOL!
    Think I would go for the tape option rather than wallpaper paste - well, knowing me I would buy both in case one doesnt work cos it NEEDS to go up tomight :giggle:

*katie*;6396922

either one i have to go out for lol i think i may quickly go b n q as im … either one i have to go out for lol i think i may quickly go b n q as im so impatient! They should say these stuff on the labels!

Tesco usually has double sided tape in the DIY section.

Mrs.Z;6396960

Sounds like me LOL!Think I would go for the tape option rather than … Sounds like me LOL!Think I would go for the tape option rather than wallpaper paste - well, knowing me I would buy both in case one doesnt work cos it NEEDS to go up tomight :giggle:

I would too....

I'm trying to consider whether wallpaper paste would even work with that kinda stickaround flower thingy... not sure... but the tape will xxx

ClarityofMind;6397010

I would too....I'm trying to consider whether wallpaper paste would even … I would too....I'm trying to consider whether wallpaper paste would even work with that kinda stickaround flower thingy... not sure... but the tape will xxx

That's what I thought, but then with bumpy wallpaper - not sure :thinking:

You peeled off the backing? :lol:

Mrs.Z;6397064

velcro tape sticks on anything got mine in tescos fab stuff x

if it is one of the stickers im used to...

normally the stickers have a piece of paper on to cover the stickyness, peel that off and it should reveal the stickyness to help you stick it on the wall :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ahhh im about to go b&q dunno what to get now!

Il get it all!
    xxx

Original Poster

borolad94;6397093

if it is one of the stickers im used to...normally the stickers have a … if it is one of the stickers im used to...normally the stickers have a piece of paper on to cover the stickyness, peel that off and it should reveal the stickyness to help you stick it on the wall :thumbsup:

yes its sticky till it gets on the wall! then doesnt grip!

Mrs.Z;6397064

true lol

guess its just try it and see :w00t:

can you not repaint where the sticker is going and stick the sticker onto wet wall??voila it will dry and stick at the same time??if thats ridiculous you better not all be laughing at me!!:P

Try copydex, that should stick it without damaging the wall when you want them back off. Should be able to get that next to the regular glues at b&q

lorsmanic;6397308

can you not repaint where the sticker is going and stick the sticker onto … can you not repaint where the sticker is going and stick the sticker onto wet wall??voila it will dry and stick at the same time??if thats ridiculous you better not all be laughing at me!!:P

Thats quite good thinking really, thinking outside the box and all that:thumbsup:

Wash with sugar soap and retry.

harlzter;6397536

Thats quite good thinking really, thinking outside the box and all … Thats quite good thinking really, thinking outside the box and all that:thumbsup:

yay am now a decorating genius!!:whistling:

Original Poster

lol....well i couldnt repaint where i wanted it as its this....http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0099913_PE186890_S3.JPG

so, i went to sainsburys got some wallpaper paste, thinking yes this will do it....

got home mixed it up, slapped it on, and guess what , the stupid german thing shriveled up and wriggled off the wall!!

I plonked it on the wardrobe in the end, where it annoyingly stay's put! pffftt lol, thanks for everybody's help though : )

*katie*;6398490

lol....well i couldnt repaint where i wanted it as its this....so, i went … lol....well i couldnt repaint where i wanted it as its this....so, i went to sainsburys got some wallpaper paste, thinking yes this will do it....got home mixed it up, slapped it on, and guess what , the stupid german thing shriveled up and wriggled off the wall!!I plonked it on the wardrobe in the end, where it annoyingly stay's put! pffftt lol, thanks for everybody's help though : )

Lovely sticker babe - Would look lovely in my kitchen :-D
    Doesn't state the size on their website, don't suppose you could measure it for me?

Banned

put on rads or door, they are not meant to go over woodchipped walls

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;6398673

Lovely sticker babe - Would look lovely in my kitchen :-DDoesn't state … Lovely sticker babe - Would look lovely in my kitchen :-DDoesn't state the size on their website, don't suppose you could measure it for me?

They come in four a3 sheets...of the same design, and depends how you would like to shape it comes to just over 1.5 metres : )

mine is straight up the door with 3 pages of stickers

There is some gorgeous poppy ones too! bargain at 12.99 ::thumbsup:

*katie*;6398714

They come in four a3 sheets...of the same design, and depends how you … They come in four a3 sheets...of the same design, and depends how you would like to shape it comes to just over 1.5 metres : )mine is straight up the door with 3 pages of stickers :)There is some gorgeous poppy ones too! bargain at 12.99 ::thumbsup:

I was just looking at them - these black ones were exactly the kind of thing I was looking for (and gave up on finding) when I did my kitchen a few months ago
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162398
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1325
      3. Limited Edition Gran Turismo Sport PlayStation 4 console revealed22
      4. Your dream gaming set up?1124

See more discussions