Help importing DV from Camcorder to Mac

Banned 3 replies
Found 4th Oct 2009
Hi

I am trying to import footage from a Canon MV 890 Mini DV Camcorder to my Mac via Firewire cable.

I have Final Cut Pro, Premiere, iMovie and Quicktime that all show the footage in their capture windows but within a minute of import my whole mac crashes and i have to force reset.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about what i may be doing wrong or what i may be missing?

Please help if you can.

Thanks

3 Comments

What Mac do you have? Does it pick up control of the camcorder ok? I can't see how it can be anything you're missing because there's no way it should be crashing.

John

Original Poster Banned

Johnmcl7;6480191

What Mac do you have? Does it pick up control of the camcorder ok? I … What Mac do you have? Does it pick up control of the camcorder ok? I can't see how it can be anything you're missing because there's no way it should be crashing.John

Its a black macbook, only one year old. I can view the footage in the applications so it picks up the window but as soon as i press record/capture in the apps it records for about 30 seconds then the whole machine crashes. Everyone seems to be baffled and i can't find any help on google. :?

Do you have any other firewire devices you can test it with? Have you tried running hardware diagnostics on the machine?

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769296
    2. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions