Help in buying a dashcam (front and rear)

Posted 25th Nov
Hi all,

I am returned with another request (as I am getting really good advises and expertise, it's pleasure to keep coming back for more knowledge and insights).

I currently have a dashcam which I bought in decent price from Amazon but it never did a loop recording and now I am finding that it doesn't even record all the videos. So, I am in a hunt for one which has:

1. Front and rear camera
2. Does loop recording
3. Has good night vision
4. Can be wired in for constant charge, even after switching off the engine.

There are several coming up on Amazon pricing between £29 and £40 but there are so many good but few very specific bad reviews.

The good reviews are really specific and given what I have read here and outside, they seem like either paid or fake reviews but I may be wrong.

I just don't want to end up with similar experience where the camera stops recording full videos or doesn't do loop recording.

Happy to pay upto £40 but must do it's job properly.

Any ideas, suggestions or guidance will help as thinking of taking advantage of Black Friday deals
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Something with a screen for starters, so you can see the status of recording.
A two camera unit for same reason as above
2 high quality memory cards designed for video recording
The above is so that if you capture something you want to keep, you can just swap out the card.
I tried wifi enabled units, but high quality video files are huge, and sitting there for 10 minutes in the cold for a two minute file gets old very quick!
GPS could be useful, but in a serious accident, not having it wouldn't save you (if you were at fault)
Be weary of side airbags if running a cable
Nextbase
If you intend to leave them in all the time, I'd suggest getting a pair of Mobius cameras. Anything with a screen is asking to be spotted and stolen at some point.
esar26/11/2019 00:05

Something with a screen for starters, so you can see the status of …Something with a screen for starters, so you can see the status of recording.A two camera unit for same reason as above2 high quality memory cards designed for video recordingThe above is so that if you capture something you want to keep, you can just swap out the card.I tried wifi enabled units, but high quality video files are huge, and sitting there for 10 minutes in the cold for a two minute file gets old very quick!GPS could be useful, but in a serious accident, not having it wouldn't save you (if you were at fault)Be weary of side airbags if running a cable

Thank you. I will keep these in mind
Bandicoot26/11/2019 07:57

Nextbase

Thanks for it. I didn't know about them. I will have a look
paul_merton26/11/2019 08:29

If you intend to leave them in all the time, I'd suggest getting a pair of …If you intend to leave them in all the time, I'd suggest getting a pair of Mobius cameras. Anything with a screen is asking to be spotted and stolen at some point.

They are bit expensive but good cameras. Thanks for suggesting,I will have a look
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions