Help in choosing which TV to keep!

Found 24th Nov 2017
Hello
I would really appreciate some help (again!) in helping to decide which TV to get for someone's bedroom.

Only criteria I was given was that it's a 49" smart tv (freeview, youtube, netflix, casting ability) and around the £300 mark!

The two which I have ordered are:
Toshiba 49U5663DB for £299
tesco.com/dir…tch

and the
Panasonic TX-49ES500B for £341 (not sure if a further 10% barclay's reward will track as I used a 10% off code when purchasing).
argos.co.uk/pro…BwE

I have no idea which of the two is the better TV and would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this, so I can decide which to cancel. (Or any advice for that matter!) Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
First world problems
32553865-47Ol0.jpg
Original Poster
Dolphinzz5 m ago

First world problems[Image]

​It's what happens when the indecisive one gets told to find a TV for someone's birthday!!
germainsophie8 m ago

​It's what happens when the indecisive one gets told to find a TV for s …​It's what happens when the indecisive one gets told to find a TV for someone's birthday!!

I’d just give them the money so they could find one for themselves or have you had a look in the Black Friday sales? You might get an even cheaper one
Original Poster
Money's not an option unfortunately.

The two above are from the sales. Just don't know which is "better"?!
I would go with the Panasonic.
Original Poster
POWYSWALES9 m ago

I would go with the Panasonic.

Thanks for the reply- why would you go with the Panasonic?

I've just been googling and I find it quite strange that there's no other link to the Toshiba one apart from the Tesco website!! It's not even on the Toshiba website.
I'd suspect the 'Panasonic' probably has better picture quality for normal TV as many Full HD TVs do. It's difficult to tell with budget TVs though, there's not a lot of information online about their manufacturer's ranges (which usually isn't the same company as the badge on the front).
Original Poster
EndlessWaves24 m ago

I'd suspect the 'Panasonic' probably has better picture quality for normal …I'd suspect the 'Panasonic' probably has better picture quality for normal TV as many Full HD TVs do. It's difficult to tell with budget TVs though, there's not a lot of information online about their manufacturer's ranges (which usually isn't the same company as the badge on the front).

​Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm going for the Panasonic now too. Will have to refuse delivery for the Tesco one unfortunately as it was too late to cancel.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions