Help in cleaning a laptop screen

I’m having problems cleaning a laptop screen.
I usually clean computer screens with water and a soft cloth that came with my Dell XPS laptop; it’s similar to the cloths that come in glasses cases I think.
This is after buying screen wipes from Staples years ago which left my screen looking worse than before.
However I’m having a hard time cleaning one screen. Using my water and cloth method I just seem to be moving whatever is on the screen around rather than removing it. I’m not sure what it is but it doesn’t look too bad.
Any ideas?

5 Comments

Microfibre cloth from supermarket + water. That's what I use on laptop/monitors/tv. Works a treat.

Try paper towel and water. Then when its dry just dust it with a dry cloth. Don't rub in the same spot too long or it will mark it.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

J_B

Microfibre cloth from supermarket + water. That's what I use on … Microfibre cloth from supermarket + water. That's what I use on laptop/monitors/tv. Works a treat.

Is a microfibre cloth the same type of cloth that you get in a glasses case?

freespray

Try paper towel and water. Then when its dry just dust it with a dry … Try paper towel and water. Then when its dry just dust it with a dry cloth. Don't rub in the same spot too long or it will mark it.

I was using paper towel to apply the water but wasn’t waiting for it to dry before using the cloth. I’ll try your suggestion.
Cheers

http://forum.mommies.co.za/images/avatars/cat_lick.gif any better ?

Original Poster

freespray

Try paper towel and water. Then when its dry just dust it with a dry … Try paper towel and water. Then when its dry just dust it with a dry cloth.

That worked perfectly. I was amazed how easily it cleaned using that method as it looked terrible after I tried other methods which just made it look worse.
Thanks very much.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846127
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2185
    3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407226
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?1120

See more discussions