Help! In need of a PS4 Headset

Found 19th Oct 2017
Hey all been searching for a while and kinda confusing myself even more.

Looking to get a new ps4 Headset (occasional PC use, so would be good but not a must) , I'll consider wired and wireless, previously did have a single cup turtle beach p4c but gave that to nephew so looking for a proper double cup (no innuendo intended)

I will be using it for party chat, but when I'm not then will help with night time gaming, so something with a good mic and good sound.

I did try out the hyperx Cloud 2 but felt the audio control not working was pointless in paying that much. Are the astro A10s worth it? What about the Sony Gold? Thoughts and reviews of headsets used will be appreciated, thanks good folk of HUKD.

Budget is around £60.

Tl;Dr - Need a decent ps4 Headset with good mic for around £60. Bonus if it works for PC.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Hi Anokhi
I have the Sony 2.0s (also known as Sony golds) and for the price they do a very good job on the PS4. The sound is good you can also mix game and chat sound to your liking. All my mates also have these headsets and none of us have any issues with the mic. All sound very good in party chat.
I also find them very comfortable during long gaming sessions.
Unfortunately I don’t know if they work on a PC. Sorry.
I have a Turtle beach headset, but it was annoying and got too warm on my ears, plus the controller only outputs sound to the left side.
So I got the basic Sony headset that has a single earpiece and it's perfect, only cost about £12.
Benno197726 m ago

Hi AnokhiI have the Sony 2.0s (also known as Sony golds) and for the price …Hi AnokhiI have the Sony 2.0s (also known as Sony golds) and for the price they do a very good job on the PS4. The sound is good you can also mix game and chat sound to your liking. All my mates also have these headsets and none of us have any issues with the mic. All sound very good in party chat. I also find them very comfortable during long gaming sessions.Unfortunately I don’t know if they work on a PC. Sorry.

I've heard some people say voice sounds bit muffled is that the case? They durable? I was inclined towards them but it's reassuring if your friends have them too
Anokhi12 m ago

I've heard some people say voice sounds bit muffled is that the case? They …I've heard some people say voice sounds bit muffled is that the case? They durable? I was inclined towards them but it's reassuring if your friends have them too

I’ve never had an issue with the mic or not hearing my friends clearly. Maybe I’ve just been lucky!
They are not the most durable. They are good enough though. I’ve read with some people their hinges have broke, again I’ve not had an issue with mine. I take really good care of my headset. I even bought an Astro headset hardcase to put mine into when storing them.
There is another headset called lucidsound LS30 which are really well built and meant to be really good for the money. They are a wireless stereo headset and have a similar setup to the golds with the dongle, although they are more than your budget states
You maybe able to find a bargain somewhere if a better build quality is what you would require.
Benno197711 m ago

I’ve never had an issue with the mic or not hearing my friends clearly. M …I’ve never had an issue with the mic or not hearing my friends clearly. Maybe I’ve just been lucky! They are not the most durable. They are good enough though. I’ve read with some people their hinges have broke, again I’ve not had an issue with mine. I take really good care of my headset. I even bought an Astro headset hardcase to put mine into when storing them. There is another headset called lucidsound LS30 which are really well built and meant to be really good for the money. They are a wireless stereo headset and have a similar setup to the golds with the dongle, although they are more than your budget statesYou maybe able to find a bargain somewhere if a better build quality is what you would require.

I take good care of my things overall. So if the build is good enough that it will withstand the occasional slip off the desk onto a carpet etc then that's fine by me. Thanks for your response. Will see what else I find but am inclined towards the gold.
You’re welcome.
I'd second getting the Sony official headset (also works on PC, I use them on mine)
Mic seems fine to me, I've never had issues regarding clarity when it comes to other users. Can be used wired (audio/mic lead supplied) too. I think they're great headphones, not let me down after 3 years of a decent amount of use with care.
Edited by: "bynouk" 19th Oct 2017
Anokhi2 h, 22 m ago

I've heard some people say voice sounds bit muffled is that the case? They …I've heard some people say voice sounds bit muffled is that the case? They durable? I was inclined towards them but it's reassuring if your friends have them too

I had a set and the sound quality cannot be questioned they can be a bit fiddly to get the balance of game sound and chat just right but i would say they are not so durable the main problem seems to be the head band snapping just above the ear cups mine lasted around a year then they were too far gone to be usable.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants