Groups

help in streaming from a website to a tele not downloaded

we watch footie via sites like sopcast and want to transfer to tele but not sure if possible we have a acer aspire one aoa150 so would liek to see on bigger screen lol seen the wireless streaming from a download but we dotn want to do that xx thanks in advance xx rep will be added to genuine helpers x

11 Comments

check for a tv out port on your acer and see if your tv has the same port. You have to then buy the relevant cable, i have done this in the past, its not that good watching on your tv, the quality gets even worst.

you just need the leads-i use a 15pin think its called an rgb lead and a phono one for sound and it works great-have a look if your lappy has a 15pin blue socket...

looks like this
    upload.ecvv.com/upl…jpg

was around £5 local comp shop

VGA thats it...

Easiest way is an s-video lead, if your puter has an output? Check to see if your computer has an s-video output on it's graphic card. If not, you can pick one up that will do the job for less than £20, and you can pick one up on evilbay for about a tenner.

khy86;7283454

check for a tv out port on your acer and see if your tv has the same … check for a tv out port on your acer and see if your tv has the same port. You have to then buy the relevant cable, i have done this in the past, its not that good watching on your tv, the quality gets even worst.

I have my puter connected to my projector via s-video. As long as your files are of good quality, then the picture is great. Maybe not true HD, but still very good.

Just checked your puter, and that's a netbook. Do you have any other computers in the house?

rehydrated;7283474

I have my puter connected to my projector via s-video. As long as your … I have my puter connected to my projector via s-video. As long as your files are of good quality, then the picture is great. Maybe not true HD, but still very good.

hav you seen sopcast quality?:w00t: its bad enough on a 15inch screen my o/h watches it and you can't tell the teams half the time never mind who's playing:whistling:

dcx_badass;7283489

It doesn't have one,OP, if it's an LCD TV is should have a VGA (blue 15 … It doesn't have one,OP, if it's an LCD TV is should have a VGA (blue 15 pin socket, 3 rows of pins, your laptop definately has one), connect that with a cable, should be under £5 from ebay, then with the laptop on the internet using wifi (presuming you have a wifi network), just watch it like you would normally on the laptop and it will show up on the TV. I have the same laptop and an LG LCD TV.

yep thats the one i got but dont you need a sound cable too? i have...

Original Poster

thanks to you all but its an older tele not hd or lcd so does this mean we cant ? sound slike it from the comments thanks added rep to everyone xx

Original Poster

rehydrated;7283483

Just checked your puter, and that's a netbook. Do you have any other … Just checked your puter, and that's a netbook. Do you have any other computers in the house?

yes an oldish pc 160gb hdd

kebabjones;7286224

thanks to you all but its an older tele not hd or lcd so does this mean … thanks to you all but its an older tele not hd or lcd so does this mean we cant ? sound slike it from the comments thanks added rep to everyone xx

i got help to do mine by putting a pic up of the back of my tv:)

try that? not saying i can help but im sure someone will:thumbsup:

kebabjones;7286224

thanks to you all but its an older tele not hd or lcd so does this mean … thanks to you all but its an older tele not hd or lcd so does this mean we cant ? sound slike it from the comments thanks added rep to everyone xx

Actually it makes it easier in some ways. Wireless steaming of the sort you seem to be taking about is almost impossible in HD even with downloaded files - the usually use for streaming is to transfer files or webpages to a device hooked up to the TV with a cable which plays it on the TV. An kit to transfer your laptop's screen image directly to the TV in HD will likely cost several hundred pounds and be at least as large as your Aspire One.

However, if your TV isn't HD then it's a lot easier to send the picture and wireless senders for SD pictures are an awful lot cheaper. The main problem here is that SDTV is old and the standard VGA output (that your AAO has) can't go slowly enough on most PCs to output a signal that the TV can understand so unless the wireless sender you get supports VGA from a PC you'll need a PC(vga) to TV converter box as well.

As your TV isn't HD it will be a bit of a pain to browse webpages as you'll only see a smallish section of them so you'll have to scroll around a lot but fullscreen video should work fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions