Help in tracking down a PC game

Dont know how old it is or what it is called, I think it could be anywhere between 5 and 10 years old, I was into the Settlers games at the time and this was sort of similar, nearly identical in the terms of buildings.

I remember that you had to do the ususal, build farms and piggerys get them slaughtered, get your flour made into bread. the purpose of this was for your armies, you had to feed your armies or they were no good in battle. (unlike settlers where you had to get gold to make them better fighters)

The buildings animation was the same as the older settlers games (not the very first ones though) where you saw them being built up from scratch. Was set in a medievel time or olde english times (like robin hood days)

I think you had heroes you could send out to discover or search or I may be thinking of the newer settler games, I'm not sure.

Apart from that I cant think of anything else as It was a demo I played

11 Comments

dont know but closest thing i know that u want is civilization.... probably the best old school strategy game

Age of Empires?
Empire Earth?

Original Poster

none of these, the feeding your armies is an important clue to this game as I dont hink you do this in any other game and remember it is more similar to settlers3 and 4

powermonger?

I think thats quite a bit older than settlers one though.

Banned

Settlers 3 is ace, don't know what the hell they did settlers 4

Original Poster

worto03;4696806

powermonger?I think thats quite a bit older than settlers one though.

nah thats to old, remember feeding your men though, I think it was about the same time as settler 3 or 4 so maybe around 1999 or 2000, I think i got the demo form a PC magazine.

The building your men were fed at was like a open roofed building with benches which they sat at, I think the building was also adorned with linked sausage and maybe had beer barrels.

Original Poster

found it, thought i would try typing in to google,"games that are similar to settlers and up it popped".
As you can see from the boxart it is very similar to the first settlers boxart.

]http//en…dom

Every citizen and soldier must eat in the game meaning that you need to produce a great deal of food creating a more naturalistic limit on army size. There is no population limit in game, instead population is limited by how much food you produce. If a unit is not fed for a sustained amount of time it will die.

Thanks for all your help, sometimes the internet really doews work

Original Poster

Anyone have a copy they want to sell.

Banned

milewide;4697451

Anyone have a copy they want to sell.

PM sent with link, think they call it abandonware now :whistling:

Original Poster

lumoruk;4697548

PM sent with link, think they call it abandonware now :whistling:

:whistling: :-D

Banned

Just be careful just got one with a class.exe trojan, mcafee auto deleted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313805
    2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
    5. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions