Groups

HELP in writing a letter.

Hi all,

I am trying to write a sales letter to a number of supermarkets. I am meat supplier and after initial phone calls to supermarkets they have asked me write a letter to their head offices explaining what we do.

Now i am struggling big time in starting of the letter and what to say. Any hints, adivce or tips would be greatful.

I have been looking online for any free templates or sample but struggling a bit!

As usual rep left for all help.

Thanks,
    Abz

13 Comments

start with dear

Original Poster

Cluffy321;3359712

start with dear

No rep for you

i think it would be a good idea to call and ask for the name of the head of purchasing then when u begin the letter address it to that person. Adding a personal touch makes it sound more professional i think. Also, perhaps start with somethig like 'following a recent telephone call to your department i have been advised to speak directly to you regarding.....' just a thought. Hope it helps bfm

Whatagwan rudeboy, what ya saying?!
    this is serious i sure aint playin
    this wont take very long, please take a seat
    im gonna tell u all about my bad boy meat.
    im gonna offer u a deal u just cant refuse
    ull love it more than an alchoholic likes booze.
    my prices are good, i swear u wont get rinsed
    when the meat goes out of date, it can always be minced
    we cut up chicken, lambs, pigs and more impressivly crabs
    safe for listening, im your main man abz

dont rep me thanks, but if u dont get any contracts with that rap id blame the credit crunch...its solid

Every company has a mission statement, paraphrase that in the letter, put yourself in the mind of the supermarket buyers. What would you want to hear that would make you satisfied that a supplier is reliable and has good quality products.

I work for a supplier so based on my experience from talking to retail buyers, I would recommend the following..

1) Introduce yourself and your business, explain how long you have been established and where your meat is sourced.

2) Mention any quality standards you have in place. Include any certification you have been given

3) Mention who else you supply too.

4) Ask if it is possible to arrange a meeting with the meat/poultry buyer. This will give you the opportunity to talk in greater depth about what service you can offer.

5) Without talking prices... casually mention your turnover as a business as this shows that you are a sucessfull and reliable supplier.

6) Discuss the logistics on how you would supply to them, mention how you facilatate supplying to retail by talking about your business logistics, employees and overall service.

I think these are the main points to mention..... if I think of any more, i will re-post

Good Luck :thumbsup:

acecatcher3;3359786

Whatagwan rudeboy, what ya saying?!this is serious i sure aint playinthis … Whatagwan rudeboy, what ya saying?!this is serious i sure aint playinthis wont take very long, please take a seatim gonna tell u all about my bad boy meat.im gonna offer u a deal u just cant refuseull love it more than an alchoholic likes booze.my prices are good, i swear u wont get rinsedwhen the meat goes out of date, it can always be mincedwe cut up chicken, lambs, pigs and more impressivly crabssafe for listening, im your main man abzdont rep me thanks, but if u dont get any contracts with that rap id blame the credit crunch...its solid

LOL you geneuis!!!

Miss Money Penny;3359817

LOL you geneuis!!!

thanks, he shud bear in mind what u said tho aswell :-D:p

Original Poster

Miss Money Penny;3359809

I work for a supplier so based on my experience from talking to retail … I work for a supplier so based on my experience from talking to retail buyers, I would recommend the following..1) Introduce yourself and your business, explain how long you have been established and where your meat is sourced.2) Mention any quality standards you have in place. Include any certification you have been given3) Mention who else you supply too.4) Ask if it is possible to arrange a meeting with the meat/poultry buyer. This will give you the opportunity to talk in greater depth about what service you can offer.5) Without talking prices... casually mention your turnover as a business as this shows that you are a sucessfull and reliable supplier.6) Discuss the logistics on how you would supply to them, mention how you facilatate supplying to retail by talking about your business logistics, employees and overall service.I think these are the main points to mention..... if I think of any more, i will re-postGood Luck :thumbsup:

Thats great stuff :)....thanks a million

rep left :thumbsup:

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3359786

Whatagwan rudeboy, what ya saying?!this is serious i sure aint playinthis … Whatagwan rudeboy, what ya saying?!this is serious i sure aint playinthis wont take very long, please take a seatim gonna tell u all about my bad boy meat.im gonna offer u a deal u just cant refuseull love it more than an alchoholic likes booze.my prices are good, i swear u wont get rinsedwhen the meat goes out of date, it can always be mincedwe cut up chicken, lambs, pigs and more impressivly crabssafe for listening, im your main man abzdont rep me thanks, but if u dont get any contracts with that rap id blame the credit crunch...its solid

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put a smile on my face

Abz;3359889

Thats great stuff :)....thanks a millionrep left :thumbsup:

Your Welcome!

acecatcher3;3359786

Lol, what a nice laugh for a boring afternoon. You def deserve some rep from me for that.

acecatcher3;3359786

once again top class!!! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563827
      2. Cheer me up please?610
      3. One thing you've forgotten1923
      4. BT existing customers can be new customers again day after contract ends..2141

See more discussions