Groups

Help! Iphone4 or HTC Desire HD

Help please.

I have broken my Samsung and called Vodafone to see if I can get an upgrade and to my surprise they said yes.

They have offered me the Iphone4 or HTC Desire HD based on what I said I wanted in a phone. The cost of the contracts differ by £250 in favour of the HTC. But I keep on being told that the Iphone is the dogs B*****ks. Is the Iphone worth the extra £250? and is the battery life that much of a problem on the HTC?

I know its down to personal choice and I would like the HTC, but I have nagging doubts about the HTC's battery life (I mean if it wont last the day what's the point) and the Iphone cant be all bad, considering the amount sold.

Sorry for the rant. I am completely confused.

Thanks

13 Comments

Banned

HTC Desire HD

no no I joke...

iPhone 4!

A phones a phone, iphones are just for geeks, £250 waste it on me.

Banned

shauneco

A phones a phone, iphones are just for geeks, £250 waste it on me.

Hardly... iPhone's are for people who want a phone with features without being a geek. HTC phones are good kit, but they are geeky.

Iphone 4 without a doubt!

whats the average price for a i phone?

Banned

boltonboyuk

whats the average price for a i phone?

One hundred million pounds.

iPhone's good in the long term as they maintain their value for money.
    I would go for the HTC due to the fact its £250 cheaper, depends wether you would want to splash out the extra money.

I don't think iPhone is worth spending an extra £250 over the Desire HD.

Everyone will give you an opinion. Go to a phone shop and try both out and see what meets your needs. Battery life is an issue will all smart phones tbh although the bigger the screen the more demand there is on the battery but other settings can be turned off etc...

in hindsight id got for the iphone 4 tbh, i got a galaxy s myself and previously had an iphone 3gs, the galaxy is fine but android apps are shocking compared to apples offering. depends what u want to use it for, with iphones they just work with an android phone theirs always a load of messing about, worse battery life normally and so much crap on the market it puts me off browsing for new ones, iphone apps are better quality in my mind as well such as facebook and ebay to start.
    Edited by: "tragictramp" 24th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Thanks for all you comments.

I have decided to go for the HTC, purely on the cost. I have played with both of the handsets and the larger screen on the HTC is fantastic. I signed up this morning 600mins, unlimited texts and 500mb data for £27.50 a month on Vodafone. He also did me a deal on a Nokia C6 with 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb for £10 a month for the misses. All in all I'm quite pleased. If after a week or so I cant get on with the HTC, then they are going for £400 on flea bay and I'll get the Iphone.

Thanks

Banned

tragictramp

in hindsight id got for the iphone 4 tbh, i got a galaxy s myself and … in hindsight id got for the iphone 4 tbh, i got a galaxy s myself and previously had an iphone 3gs, the galaxy is fine but android apps are shocking compared to apples offering. depends what u want to use it for, with iphones they just work with an android phone theirs always a load of messing about, worse battery life normally and so much crap on the market it puts me off browsing for new ones, iphone apps are better quality in my mind as well such as facebook and ebay to start.

inb4 guv starts crying...

im just hoping the next iphone got a bigger screen like my galaxys!

vibeone

One hundred million pounds.

He said " whats the average price?" not "whats it worth?"
    Edited by: "james_lfc" 25th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767458
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047183
      3. One thing you've forgotten22
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691423

See more discussions