Expired

help ipod touch 3rd gen

Found 4th Jun 2010
my son cracked his glasss on his ipod touch 3rd gen after having it two montths now i know the screen can be replaced because i did mine but it is a 2nd gen does anyone know where i can buy a new 3rd gen screen i have been looking now for a month, some say it can be replaced with a 2nd gen where others say it wont fit

his paying for the screen his self so need it cheap thanks for any help

7 Comments

Original Poster

thanks but that ones not cheap they have them from hong kong for 12 99 delivered but was looking for a uk site but thanks any way

ttwcd;8759678

thanks but that ones not cheap they have them from hong kong for 12 99 … thanks but that ones not cheap they have them from hong kong for 12 99 delivered but was looking for a uk site but thanks any way

Found this shestyler.com/pro…969 based out of Beijing, but charges in GBP. Not heard of them before, so don't know what they're like.

mrew42;8759928

Found this … Found this http://www.shestyler.com/product_info.php?language=en¤cy=GBP&products_id=1969 based out of Beijing, but charges in GBP. Not heard of them before, so don't know what they're like.

what you have posted a link to there is the lcd display, by the sound of what happened to OP (happened to me last month ) he needs a new digitiser. This is the glass bit which tracks your fingers and simply covers the lcd screen.

If it doesn't work and you are looking for a new one, I have one for sale here: hotukdeals.com/ite…st-

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8769716

If it doesn't work and you are looking for a new one, I have one for sale … If it doesn't work and you are looking for a new one, I have one for sale here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/692528/fs-brand-new-8gb-ipod-touch-latest-

thanks but ipod works perfect and once i found a new screen its easy to put on but good luck with your sale

ttwcd;8769782

thanks but ipod works perfect and once i found a new screen its easy to … thanks but ipod works perfect and once i found a new screen its easy to put on but good luck with your sale

Thanks, I think that 3rd gen and 2nd gen are the same shape and size so there shouldn't be a problem buying a 2nd gen replacement screen, maybe you could phone Apple and ask them, they might give you a bit more info.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769414
    2. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.11
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322861
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604808

See more discussions