Groups

Help! Is it possible to...

connect my xbox to the internet via my laptop - but my laptop is connected to the internet via a cable into a wall socket...?
    thanks

12 Comments

Xlink Kai...

Connect 360 to laptop using ethernet.
    Open program and search then connect.
    If you're interested I can go into more depth and help you out

Met-Cast;6888192

Xlink Kai...Connect 360 to laptop using ethernet.Open program and search … Xlink Kai...Connect 360 to laptop using ethernet.Open program and search then connect.If you're interested I can go into more depth and help you out

By connecting the laptop to the xbox using ethernet the OP would need to disconnect the internet connection.

Could always use a wireless xbox adapter, enable ICS on the internet connection and create and ad hoc wireless connection.

Why would he want to connect his xbox to the internet via his computer?
    If he wants internet why not just go on his computer? What am I missing?

deek72;6888352

Why would he want to connect his xbox to the internet via his computer?If … Why would he want to connect his xbox to the internet via his computer?If he wants internet why not just go on his computer? What am I missing?

I presumed the OP wanted to connect to xbox live. May be wrong though.

morrk;6888243

By connecting the laptop to the xbox using ethernet the OP would need to … By connecting the laptop to the xbox using ethernet the OP would need to disconnect the internet connection.Could always use a wireless xbox adapter, enable ICS on the internet connection and create and ad hoc wireless connection.

I never knew that laptops don't have wireless anymore?

i've tested this it all works brilliant and its free

Met-Cast;6888420

I never knew that laptops don't have wireless anymore?i've tested this it … I never knew that laptops don't have wireless anymore?i've tested this it all works brilliant and its free

The OP states "but my laptop is connected to the internet via a cable into a wall socket". Nowhere does it suggest wireless is an option or surely it would be used I would have thought?

morrk;6888476

The OP states "but my laptop is connected to the internet via a cable … The OP states "but my laptop is connected to the internet via a cable into a wall socket". Nowhere does it suggest wireless is an option or surely it would be used I would have thought?

Wall socket? Doesn't say anything about ethernet cable.

Met-Cast;6888540

Wall socket? Doesn't say anything about ethernet cable.

So what other sort of cable do you think it may be? Dial up?

Yes it its. Google it

morrk;6888579

So what other sort of cable do you think it may be? Dial up?

Well he said wall socket.

Met-Cast;6888609

Well he said wall socket.

Plenty of new houses have ethernet routed through the house to sockets in rooms. Not to mention hotels and halls where wireless isn't allowed. I would have thought this is more likely that dial up but I suppose only the OP knows for sure.

Original Poster

no its not dial up - i am connected via ethernet cable.
    how would i connect my xbox to live using my laptop? its possible?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927366
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions