Help : is there any way of adjusting a speaker cone

Found 21st May 2009
one of my speaker cones is rubbing the center if you push the speaker the sound is clear again is there any way of adjusting the position of the speaker they are kef q15s. i will leave rep to anyone who can help me

1. Misc
  2. Speakers
3 Comments

i would say the speaker is blown, need a new speaker

I would personally say no because the cone is accousticily tuned that if you need to press on the cone, like wickedteen says, I would say it's blown.

If that little bit of pressure does make it sound bearable, I'd role a piece of paper up and put it between the cone and the metalwork, just enough to put the right amount of pressure without damaging the cone in any way.

This would only be a temporary fix though and depending how loud you have the speaker is how long it would last.

Original Poster

stefor;5285052

I would personally say no because the cone is accousticily tuned that if … I would personally say no because the cone is accousticily tuned that if you need to press on the cone, like wickedteen says, I would say it's blown. If that little bit of pressure does make it sound bearable, I'd role a piece of paper up and put it between the cone and the metalwork, just enough to put the right amount of pressure without damaging the cone in any way.

i did think of that but the other speaker now keeps loosing its high frequencies so looks like ill be looking for some new rear speakers
Post a comment
@
    Text