HELP ! Is this Website dodgy ?? http://www.waltergames.co.uk/index.asp

15 replies
Found 28th Jan 2009
A colleaugue at work has just purchased the DS Lite Bundle featured on this webpage :

waltergames.co.uk/ind…asp

But i reckon this is a Scam site as the only contact details are linked to a PO Box in Guernsey.

It also has other link to other sites that look the same :

avrilgaming.co.uk/
foxtergames.co.uk/

and the website also seems to have been generated using an online site called :

ekmpowershop.com/ind…asp which is £20 month to rent.

Anyone else ever used or know of this site ?? Is it a SCAM ?

15 Comments

Whois Record

Domain name:
waltergames.co.uk

Registrant:
linda huckins

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
1 clarence road
portland
dorset
DT5 2BA
GB

Registrar:
Ekm Systems Ltd t/a Ekm Systems Ltd [Tag = EKMSYSTEMS]
URL: ekmsystems.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 16-Jan-2009
Renewal date: 16-Jan-2011

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

If you Google the Postcode then you'll find the business is run from a house.

http://i40.tinypic.com/10i5e2x.jpg

And the site has only just been set up.

Dodgy as hell i'd say, the same site has been seen on a scam one for ages, by which I mean the same layout/template just different names, it appears to be a copy of the powerplay site, these guys have some balls to keep going like this, Id say before one is closed the next is ready to roll.

Predikuesi;4212063

If you Google the Postcode then you'll find the business is run from a … If you Google the Postcode then you'll find the business is run from a house.

and the householders probably unaware too.

Their address is the same as another scam site mentioned on here a few weeks back. An address that belongs to a bank lol

Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited - Guernsey Branch, The
PO Box 62
Royal Bank Place
1 Glategny Esplanade
St Peter Port
GY1 4BQ

harlzter;4212067

Dodgy as hell i'd say, the same site has been seen on a scam one for … Dodgy as hell i'd say, the same site has been seen on a scam one for ages, by which I mean the same layout/template just different names, it appears to be a copy of the powerplay site, these guys have some balls to keep going like this, Id say before one is closed the next is ready to roll.

My thoughts exactly. It looks like an out-of-the-box web site.

while surfing around it redirected to another domain [url]www.avrilgaming.co.uk[/url]

whois

Domain name:
avrilgaming.co.uk

Registrant:
sarah crotty

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
10 rectory close
wendlebury
bicester
OX25 2PG
GB

Registrar:
Ekm Systems Ltd t/a Ekm Systems Ltd [Tag = EKMSYSTEMS]
URL: ekmsystems.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 15-Dec-2008
Renewal date: 15-Dec-2010

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
ns1.ekmsystems.net
ns2.ekmsystems.net

looks similar to previous post.

i reckon this is an automated script, that buys domain names, hosts a ready made site and hopes for some suckers.

can he cancel the payment-QUICKLY !

lucerysmum;4212165

can he cancel the payment-QUICKLY !

Two words come to mind

[COLOR=red]Kiss & Goodbye[/COLOR]

Original Poster

I've just sent my work colleague a text telling him to cancel his CC transaction !

THANKS ALL !!!! :thumbsup:

Repped All.

hmmm. looks like theyve posted again on here (post now removed) with too good to be true wii prices...

AVOID!

I bought the same DS Lite deal for £69.99 on 02/02/09 but have asked my credit card provider to cancel the payment. Why did my AVG internet security tick the website as OK ????????? !!

I have just been sucked into this trap, I tried to purchase a DS bundle from them and got the decline message, this aroused my suspicions as I know there was nothing wrong with the details I entered.....

I canceled my card straight away.

I'm going to call this Linda Huckins tonight and see what she knows about the whole thing.

I can't believe I was sucked in..

**DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEIR WEB SITE PLEASE**

As an idiot who has been shafted by these people I can confirm that you don't want to go anywhere near this website or any of its sister websites. I did and it cost me £400. Looking back it is clearly very dodgy and even a very poor website and I was even suspicious but still fell for it.

An expensive lesson learned.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions