Help! Item missing from order, Very.co.uk

Banned 14
Found 31st Oct 2011
Just wanting some advice really about the situation and Very's customer service.

I ordered 4 dresses from Very, and cancelled 1 almost instantly after the dispatch date was expected for December 8th-too late for my party.

The other 3 were due today, I went to my Collect+ shop, signed for the box and brought it home. Opened it and there's only 2 dresses inside. There's a dispatch note included which states that all 3 dresses are in the parcel.

I immediately rang Very and got through very quickly, spoke to a fella who explained that he will need to open a missing item investigation to find out whether the dress was ever included in the box or not.

Now I'm panicking also, as the two dresses that did arrive don't fit so I'll be sending them back and I just think it all looks really suspicious on my part.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or have experience with Very's customer service? I asked the fella what would happen if THEY believe the dress was sent, but I haven't got it, and he said that most likely it would be credited off my account anyway, but I'm still a bit worried, it's a £75 dress that's missing.

x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Banned

Start panicking. The Feds will be round to question you soon. Expect a full cavity search.

im sure they will believe you, its your word against theres, & these things do happen the packers are only human, & mistakes do happen... try not to worry, im sure youll just be credited x

keep arguing you side. i recently had a delivery of 2 bean chairs for the kids. OH helped the kids open them and found dirty covers and a piece of glass bout 2" square (ish) i phoned straigt away told them i would not be paying etc 15mins of standing my ground with Phone OP i told him to pass this to someone in a higher position than him! Within a week i had a letter saying i could disguard the items and they had been removed from my account!

Keep at 'em!!

Original Poster Banned

Well I have been told the investigation will take a couple of days and believe me if I haven't heard anything I will call them Wednesday night.

I am annoyed at them, but the other dresses don't fit, so I know that one won't-I'm not going to demand they send out a replacement. I just don't want charging for it.

And I know Very is associated/ owned by Littlewoods and have heard pretty bad stuff about their customer services in the past.

Will keep you informed how it goes!

Very are AWFUL! I used to shop with them about 6 years ago... Once I returned something and never received a refund and when I chased, they had the audacity to tell me the item had "intimate stains" and they'd have to look into it!!!!! It was a pair of gloves!!!!
However, you could try the same trick that I did... I called up and said "I returned something and you said it was stained and you were looking into it, but I received a call saying I would be refunded but that doesn't seem to have happened. Could you see if the refund has been issued"? The woman just said "oh no, you don't seem to have been refunded, I'll sort that now". Sorted X)

I had this problem not so long ago they told me they were opening a missing item file, but credited my account the following month for the missing item. Keep an eye in your statement as they never told me just did it

This happened to me with a collect+ order as well, only with trainers instead of a dress so it was obvious that it wasn't in the parcel they sent to me. I just emailed customer service and they gave me the money back. Took about a week if I remember.

Hi LouiseVuitton,
We have a process in place for this sort of situation on the rarity that it occurs. We can find out if the item was in the parcel or not or if it was missing due to a packing issue. I would advise you not to worry as if it weren't in the parcel this is no fault of your own. It will get investigated by the relevant department if you have any further questions regarding this feel free to drop us an email at Network@veryHQ.co uk. Thanks x

Original Poster Banned

Thanks very much everyone, I feel a bit happier now, and I have had missed phone calls whilst I was at work which I must assume was them. I will ring them in an hour or so when the after-work rush might have died down, and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks VeryRep000 for your comment also, i shall be sure to use that email address should I need to in the coming days. I have been told you may also use CCTV on the packing line so it will be clear that the dress was missing from the start. Thanks.

Fingers crossed!

Original Poster Banned

I have had a phone call today, the dress has been credited back to my account.

They didn't say whether they had found it or not, but it seemed pretty straightforward so I think they've found the fault at their end perhaps. Either way I'm happy.

Thanks again to everyone else for comments etc.

I just bought men's bicycle i paid £700 but I did not received my bike . It's my first order from very . I order 2 weeks ago . I don't know . Some one can help or advise . I tried email and phone as well they don't believe me. Plz ASAP

iam still waiting for two tubs of active woman diet pills they where ment to have been delivered on the 2/12/14 and they have not turned up

daisywoowoos

iam still waiting for two tubs of active woman diet pills they where ment … iam still waiting for two tubs of active woman diet pills they where ment to have been delivered on the 2/12/14 and they have not turned up

X)

daisywoowoos

iam still waiting for two tubs of active woman diet pills they where ment … iam still waiting for two tubs of active woman diet pills they where ment to have been delivered on the 2/12/14 and they have not turned up

http://i59.tinypic.com/359hfee.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions