HELP!!!! Its my mother in laws birthday in a couple of days! suggestions please

30 replies
Found 2nd Jul 2008
As above.
She does not want perfume, clothes or accessories, booze. I asked her what she wanted and she said that she just wants us to visit. Does anyone watch Everybody loves Raymond? she is just like Rays mom Marie lol! so you can see my dilema

30 Comments

it depends a lot on your budget, but what about:

a plant if she's a gardener - ideally pick one with a special name, David Austen do roses with people names and ones called 'happy birthday' etc
a meal out all together, or a cookery course, if she likes food
a framed photo of someone special to her (granchildren?)
an experience like a paragliding or windsurfing lesson
a massage or pamper day

HTH

http://www.tampagov.net/dept_fire_rescue_public_education/information_resources/adults/images/poison.jpg

pmsl :-)

Great Suggestion!

Original Poster

that's fantastic raptorcigs! definately the best idea possible pmsl

Original Poster

melissab;2439208

it depends a lot on your budget, but what about:a plant if she's a … it depends a lot on your budget, but what about:a plant if she's a gardener - ideally pick one with a special name, David Austen do roses with people names and ones called 'happy birthday' etca meal out all together, or a cookery course, if she likes fooda framed photo of someone special to her (granchildren?)an experience like a paragliding or windsurfing lesson (lol)a massage or pamper dayHTH

Thanks for all the ideas.:thumbsup:

She is the hardest person in the world to buy for, she hates gardening, we will already be expected to take her for a meal, she'll also expect a pressie on top!
She is not adventurous at all and would be horrified if I got have her an experience day gift, the same with the pampering stuff!
The photoframe and pic is a good one:thumbsup: whats the cheapest but decent digital photo frame available at the moment guys?

ebuyer are good for cheap digital frames

Original Poster

Thanks guys, rep left for you!
Keep the ideas coming though and anyone know of a cheaper digital frame?

Banned

I got a couple from Ebay....same ones Play were selling for £50 each, got them for £60 delivered....maybe try there...can't remember name of company but if u look at my feredback u may see it...I can't access Ebay from here

ODB_69

Original Poster

ODB_69;2439434

I got a couple from Ebay....same ones Play were selling for £50 each, got … I got a couple from Ebay....same ones Play were selling for £50 each, got them for £60 delivered....maybe try there...can't remember name of company but if u look at my feredback u may see it...I can't access Ebay from hereODB_69

cheers ODB, rep left for you!

This one is at £27.00 + £6.99 postage only 21 mins to go

]Digital Photo Frame

Looked through your feedback. Well Done You ODB! 100% Feedback!

Have you bidded on it?

Original Poster

keeps saying the page cannot be displayed when I click on your link

Put this in instead in the search box.

Banned

Why dont you get her a cool alarm clock or one of the (under 30 quids) gad on the gadget show

Banned

Second choice, buy her a nice colorful summer dress, I can imagine Raymond's mother in one of those

sorry just noticed she does want clothes !

Banned

Having said all that, I think the best gift you can give her is to go to her place an spend an entire day with her now that is what you call one man's blood is another's wine

Original Poster

Dell_in_the_bed;2439630

Having said all that, I think the best gift you can give her is to go to … Having said all that, I think the best gift you can give her is to go to her place an spend an entire day with her now that is what you call one man's blood is another's wine

We are in the midlands and she is in south wales, we are going to stay with them for the whole weekend , go for a nice family etc, so I just want about a £30 gift for her aswell, but, she is extremely hard to buy for, she has no hobbies or interests either.
Thanks for all your help, rep added:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;2439537

Put this in instead in the search box.160254797919

Damn, missed it! Thanks for the link though:thumbsup:

No bother

Banned

caz1cool;2439666

We are in the midlands and she is in south wales, we are going to stay … We are in the midlands and she is in south wales, we are going to stay with them for the whole weekend , go for a nice family etc, so I just want about a £30 gift for her aswell, but, she is extremely hard to buy for, she has no hobbies or interests either.Thanks for all your help, rep added:thumbsup:

Thanks for the rep, thats extremely kind of you, even though frankly the suggsetion was not even half as good as some other suggestions out there

I know they are not exciting, but how about chocolates and book token? Or a nice vase and flowers to go in it? Good luck with the search - I know what it's like when you get completely stumped!!

Banned

Whilst we are on it you might want to check yours as well

Thanks for your rep.

Nice to see things appreiciated

Will leave you some too. :-D

Banned

Does she like movies ?

Banned

dontdothatagain;2439704

Thanks for your rep.Nice to see things appreiciated :)Will leave you some … Thanks for your rep.Nice to see things appreiciated :)Will leave you some too. :-D

was that for me lol

Original Poster

Thanks for the return rep guys! I always give rep where it's earned.

In answer to your suggestions,
Can't get her chocs as she is on a perpetual diet, she never seems very impressed whenever ive got her flowers in the past, she doesn't read often, she doesnt like you to buy her dvds or cds.
Thanks for all your help, everyone's been great!

Banned

dontdothatagain;2439471

Looked through your feedback. Well Done You ODB! 100% Feedback!

Errrmm....

Not for long.....

Had someone buy something, then tell me they were getting it elsewhere, filed dispute, they then saidd I'd agreed to take a cheque and set up a fake e-mail account in my name....They are now sending me things from this account and signing me up to all sorts of **** .... luckily its a spam e-mail and not my main ones..

Ebays answer to this....Ignore it she'll stop eventually and they refuse to give her a strike over it....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions