Groups

help ive had a worm virus !!

was just wondering if any one had had a worm virus on here and what caused it ? i dont hav a clue what it is expet its called a worm !! it froze my computer and when i switched it back on it said you have a worm virus , also it had added lots of icons to my desktop , and when i went on norton to do a check and try and get rid of it , norton didnt work infact it said it wasnt installed , i am a bit baffled by all this and had to restrat my computer from sctrach , i lost all photos and music etc as i couldent get on to them to save them , is there any chance of this wormy coming back ? and will i be safe now ? any help appriciated deanne xxx

11 Comments

Firstly go to this site and do an online scan. housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Follow the instructions and make a note of what it tells you.

If need be come back for more help

i had a problem with a .js downloader agent the other day. AVG found it but couldnt heal it, it would remove it but it would reappear. the day before i had removed a trojan. i believe what ever it was, was downloading the trojans onto my laptop, but i cleared it using AVG rootkit, it found a hidden driver that was obviously installing the downloader and that was probably downloading trojans.

hottoshop;1479594

Firstly go to this site and do an online scan. … Firstly go to this site and do an online scan. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/Follow the instructions and make a note of what it tells you.If need be come back for more help

i tried that, after bout an hour of scanning it just stopped.

First up - I would recommend going here :

]http//fr…om/

And using AVG free over Norton - better detection rates. Then I'd reboot into safe mode, run a full scan using this antivirus. Follow up with Spybot/AVG antispyware.

After that, download and run CCleaner (a google will point you in the correct location). When all of that passes, run Hijack this (again google for) - just post the results (don't do anything else) here so we can take a look at anything it brings back.

I'd also recommend the usual - use Firefox/Opera for browsing instead of IE.

When you say you've lost data - do you mean its gone, or is it inaccessable ?

shanecr;1479607

i tried that, after bout an hour of scanning it just stopped.

It does take an age sometimes.

noadware.net/ful…exe

When prompted for a login/password, please copy and paste the following information:

login: noadware
    password: noadware.net

Double click on the downloaded noadwarefull.exe file, you will get the setup page.

Follow the onscreen instructions and install software.

personly I would be very causious of your pc now... the best thing you can do is try and find out what the worm was called and do a little bit of research on it.

Just because it says it has gone it dosn't mean it has. It may have copied itself somewhere or do other damage.

your best bet is to update windows, turn on windows firewall and do a complete virus check, and follow what these guys say because they look like they know what there doing...

kyalion;1479668

http://www.noadware.net/full/noadwarefullv5.exeWhen prompted for a … http://www.noadware.net/full/noadwarefullv5.exeWhen prompted for a login/password, please copy and paste the following information:login: noadwarepassword: noadware.netDouble click on the downloaded noadwarefull.exe file, you will get the setup page.Follow the onscreen instructions and install software.

What for? That's not going to help with a worm or any virus.

Kennifer;1479678

personly I would be very causious of your pc now...

Must admit, I tend to always favour a reinstall of Windows if you get hit with something nasty. That's not to say that you can't clean your box up - you can, but I'd always have a niggle at the back of my mind, esp with banking * etc.

(a good tip there, if you're on MS Windows - and one that I always mention when given a chance, is to use a sandbox, VirtualBox is good - along with Kubuntu or somesuch. Safe browsing).

LaoTzu;1479750

What for? That's not going to help with a worm or any virus.

It worked for me. That how I got the link and info.

kyalion;1479884

It worked for me. That how I got the link and info.

its just for spyware
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515

See more discussions