Groups

Help: Just put my contract mobile through the washing machine

Basically I have just ruined my mobile. I have an 18 month contract which I am 9 months through. Rang up O2 and they want £200 for a replacement W880i phone. Shall I downgrade the contract and move to a new network or pay for a new phone??

20 Comments

Get a cheap pay as you go phone to tide you over until you can get a new contract phone?

In your position id buy a replacement from ebay or buy yourself a cheaper O2 pay as you go phone or if you know someone to unlock it the orange deal on here hotukdeals.com/ite…ot/
    its a great phone at an amazing price..just need to get it unlocked

do you have accidental insurance

Original Poster

dalebindi;1392061

do you have accidental insurance

NO. Sadly no insurance

would perhaps dry out (30mins on a low heat....sorry just joking) but could you not put it in the airing cupboard for a week or so. :thumbsup:

I have an Barclays additions account and have claimed for my phone (also dropped in water) through that.

hi, dropped mine down toilet while flushing, left it for couple of days with battery out n still works fine 2 years on

argos have a sony ericsson w200i on 02 half price at £34.99 sorry cant be bothered doing a link

edjaned;1392680

argos have a sony ericsson w200i on 02 half price at £34.99 sorry cant be … argos have a sony ericsson w200i on 02 half price at £34.99 sorry cant be bothered doing a link

Yep was going to suggest that one as even if it is locked it will still work with your sim

Here is the link:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Cat. No. 5474428

hth

EliTom

tinz11;1392211

I have an Barclays additions account and have claimed for my phone (also … I have an Barclays additions account and have claimed for my phone (also dropped in water) through that.

That cost £6.50 a month

I washed my phone a few years ago. I removed the battery and the sim card and left it all to dry out for a few days. Put it all back together but no joy, it didn't work at all. When I went to throw it out about 4 months later I checked it first and it was working ok, but the display was a bit iffy, so I suppose maybe a lot fo time is all that's needed!

Your mobile should be ok if it was on o2

muhahahahah

yeh ok i did tell that joke another time,.....bet hey ho !! lol

Original Poster

Thanks for the help.
    What I did was reduce the contract down to the minimum per month. Then i got a new contract phone from phones 4 u on Orange and got £170 cash back which I am using to pay off the remainder of my O2 contract. Also blagged a few freebies like a 2GB memory card

Banned

You think you've got problems, I've just put my contract washing machine through my mobile, they're both knackered.

) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) (())

was that a tumble weed that just went passed ? lol

saxo_appeal;1395562

) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) (())was that a … ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) (())was that a tumble weed that just went passed ? lol

yeah - its from the JD stupid posting season:whistling:

Banned

elitom;1395605

yeah - its from the JD stupid posting season:whistling:

If you've got a problem with me, come to Nottingham and we'll sort it out.

JDeal;1395677

If you've got a problem with me, come to Nottingham and we'll sort it out.

LOL:p

t0mm;1395708

LOL:p

ditto - pmsl

I wasn't loling at him, i was lolling at what he said.

Anyway back on topic:

Didn't you take insurance out?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions