HELP Kef ceiling speakers with sub

Found 21st May
I am going to be buying the kef c150r in ceiling speakers and wanted to add a subwoofer for example the kef kube 1/2. I will be hooking the speakers up to a standard amplifier but how would I have to go about adding the subwoofer?
Thanks for any input into this
Community Updates
AskElectronicsSpeaker
5 Comments
Unlike most speakers subwoofers are generally powered and that one is no exception, so all you need is a subwoofer cable to send the signal, they look like a composite cable. I have one which needs replacing because I can't be very well shielded because turning certain plugs on and off in the same room makes it pop!

Your amp will have an output for subwoofers which it doesn't need to amplify because they are already powered.
I would check the connections on the back of your amp or leave the details on here for someone to look at.

I also wouldn't scrimp on your subwoofer as it's what does all the heavy lifting in your setup. Check out BK electronics XLS200-DF on ebay, it's a little more expensive but has a lot more power and depth. Remember to set your speakers to small on your amp so you can pass the low bass frequencies to the SUB and not the odd noise from the LFE track.
@kester76 I have heard quite good things about the kef kube in general. This wasn’t meant to be a part of the whole setup as the ci50r’s are generally standalone. But I thought, heck, why not just add a sub. This my low budget of around a £100 for the sub. Will probably get it off eBay
masterhussain21st May

@kester76 I have heard quite good things about the kef kube in general. …@kester76 I have heard quite good things about the kef kube in general. This wasn’t meant to be a part of the whole setup as the ci50r’s are generally standalone. But I thought, heck, why not just add a sub. This my low budget of around a £100 for the sub. Will probably get it off eBay

I think it depends on how low you want to go on the Bass. I'd check to see if there's any long term issues with the Subwoofer 1st as KEF have had some bad luck after the 3 year mark in the past.
Update from this old post, I’m still looking for one! Many have no sub inputs. If someone could find one preferably around or under £50 from eBay or the likes, that would be great! I don’t need excellent quality, just something that works
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions