Groups

help... landline problems!!

i am being driven slowly round the bend .... bloomin BT!!

They have been doing some work nearby and yesterday I realised that anyone who dials our phone number is getting someone else and we are getting all their calls.. so if i call our house from my mobile i get these random people! I presume they have crossed the wires or something but i have no idea how to fix this. I have tried calling BT but i can't get through because we are not a customer - we are with Talktalk. Sooo i tried calling talktalk and they keep saying there is no problem with our line!

Has anyone else had this problem before or knows how to fix it i would be so grateful! Do you think we will get billed for all their calls and vice-versa???

I'm trying to revise for exams and i keep getting calls about stair-lifts, etc!!

Thank you
    xx

8 Comments

Ring the other party (i guess you would do this by ringing your number, lol), and make sure they are aware of it, and ask them to call BT.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;8588299

Ring the other party (i guess you would do this by ringing your number, … Ring the other party (i guess you would do this by ringing your number, lol), and make sure they are aware of it, and ask them to call BT.

yeah i did that last night and they said they would call BT this morning but to be honest they didn't seem that concerned about it which i thought was odd :?

xx

Banned

so are you not getting your own calls to? i would phone bt back, surely they have some kind of service to non customers

i had a smilar thing happen and insist that talktalk look in to it with BT.

Its nothing to do with BT at all.

Ring your service provider and they will contact Openreach who should come fix the problem

blondi1;8588323

they didn't seem that concerned about it which i thought was odd :?xx

Why should they be? They are ringing premium rate numbers at £1 a minute and its all getting billed to you *muhahahaha*

Original Poster

sassie;8588341

so are you not getting your own calls to? i would phone bt back, surely … so are you not getting your own calls to? i would phone bt back, surely they have some kind of service to non customers

nope. they are getting all of our calls and we are getting all of theirs!
    x

Original Poster

harlzter;8588596

Why should they be? They are ringing premium rate numbers at £1 a minute … Why should they be? They are ringing premium rate numbers at £1 a minute and its all getting billed to you *muhahahaha*

haha they better not be!
    we had a random call to Cuba on our phone bill last month... i wonder if that could be a similar problem?

x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions