Help Laptop

HELP PLEASE
I HAVE A ACER ASPIRE 7720 G
3 GB DDR2 MEMORY
CAN I UP GRADE THIS 3 GB OF MEMORY I BOUGHT IT FROM PC WORLD CAN I DO IT MYSELF OR IS IT BEST TO TAKE IT BACK TO PC WORLD FOR UPGRADE .
THANKS
FOR YOUR HELP
PS... WHATS THE MOST MEMORY I CAN HAVE IN THIS LAPTOP

12 Comments

[url]www.crucial.co.uk[/url]

not sure about acers but it should be a case of opening up the flap underneath and replacing the modules. I think the maximum is 4GB so you might just end up buying a 2Gb card and replacing the 1GB card to give you 4GB...maybe

Are you runing 64bit windows ?

Take it into PC World. Ask if they can fix your caps lock key at the same time.

Max memory will depend on whether you are running 32bit or 64bit Windows or Linux. If you are running standard 32bit Windows it's probably not worth going any further than the 3GB you have already got.

Original Poster

32 Bit

Banned

Spod;6303185

Take it into PC World. Ask if they can fix your caps lock key at the … Take it into PC World. Ask if they can fix your caps lock key at the same time.Max memory will depend on whether you are running 32bit or 64bit Windows or Linux. If you are running standard 32bit Windows it's probably not worth going any further than the 3GB you have already got.

LOL

Original Poster

Windows Vista

Original Poster

Lol
Hihihihihihihihihihhihihi

stuuniteduk;6303187

32 Bit

Then dont waste youre time, 32bit windows can only see 3.5gb ram so you really woudnt notice any difference at all,

If you are running 32bit Vista you won't get much, if any, benefit from going beyond 3GB RAM.
What makes you think that you need more than that?

Original Poster

Thankyou

No point upgrading wasting your cash. If you want to speed it up your system for a cheapish price then replace the hard disk with a 7200rpm model.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6303317

No point upgrading wasting your cash. If you want to speed it up your … No point upgrading wasting your cash. If you want to speed it up your system for a cheapish price then replace the hard disk with a 7200rpm model.

Or an SSD. That would be quite a lot faster - but quite expensive!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846064
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763843
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2342
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders33

See more discussions