Expired

HELP! Locked out of my phone by Kaspersky

Found 15th Mar 2014
So my Kaspersky license ran out and I wanted to remove the app. The app didn't let me go through to the in app option to uninstall only the option to buy a license or redeem a code. I was forced to got to the settings then application manager to uninstall. Only to find that I wasn't able to click the uninstall button (it's greyed out and unclickable).

I then got some advice and removed Kaspersky as a device administrator. But now it locked me out of my phone. It's asking for a code I don't know.

I tried logging onto my Kaspersky account online to reset the password but only to be greeted by a message that says they don't have my email in their database (They do because I have the activation emails from them).

Now I'm stuck with a lock screen. I need help fast.
I've submitted a support request to Kaspersky but won't hear back from them till Monday at the latest (Weekend).

Android 4.1.2 (I think)
Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S3
Community Updates
AskiPhoneKasperskyPhones
11 Comments
markvirgo

Any help? http://support.kaspersky.com/us/8242

No can do. I can't access anything else, it's just a lock screen. Much like my personal lock screen.

I can't reset the password either because they don't have my email in their database (even though I've received emails from them)
Can you reinstall the firmware with Odin?
dcx_badass

Firmware reinstall is unnecessary, could just factory reset from recovery … Firmware reinstall is unnecessary, could just factory reset from recovery instead. If you don't want to factory reset then see what kaspersky say.

Trying to avoid factory reset. I don't want to lose my stuff. I'll use that as a last resort.
Double check you have used the same email you registered with

http://i.gyazo.com/285055c49347d52e9eae61691c32028a.png
Edited by: "arachnoid" 15th Mar 2014
arachnoid

Double check you have used the same email you registered with

I have and can prove to Kaspersky that I have activation emails and other correspondence from them. It's silly how my email can just disappear from their database.

Also my lock isn't like the one you've embedded. It's like a normal android lock screen but from Kaspersky which means the only option I get is to get the code right or make emergency calls. I can't even redeem a code anymore.
Edited by: "Fagol" 15th Mar 2014
Does the lock screen still come up if you switch the phone off and on again or if you remove the battery and reinsert it?
AgentSmith

Does the lock screen still come up if you switch the phone off and on … Does the lock screen still come up if you switch the phone off and on again or if you remove the battery and reinsert it?

Yes. Much like the normal lock screen.
Fagol

Yes. Much like the normal lock screen.

So what happened in the end???
Transformers

So what happened in the end???

Installed TWRP and then looked for anything related to kaspersky and deleted it. Funny thing is that they had the lockscreen files in the android lockscreen folder. The security is a bloody joke but it was good for me. Kaspersky advised to factory reset which I wasn't willing to do.
Fagol

Installed TWRP and then looked for anything related to kaspersky and … Installed TWRP and then looked for anything related to kaspersky and deleted it. Funny thing is that they had the lockscreen files in the android lockscreen folder. The security is a bloody joke but it was good for me. Kaspersky advised to factory reset which I wasn't willing to do.

Cool, thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions