Groups
    EXPIRED

Help!!! looking for cheap tablets or laptop for 7y & 5y

this is my first thread so hope im doing it right..
    hi can someone please help me im really undecided on wether to buy my girls a tablet each or a laptop. I need something that they can possibly do homework on and then play games. what is the best cheap tablets out there to buy? or would it make more sense to buy a laptop? ive also noticed you can pick cheap chrome books up do these do the same thing?
    any advice wecomed
    tia

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

10 Comments

If you want them to be able to do Homework on it then a tablet isn't the answer. What sort of budget do you have in mind?

I would not recommend chrome books and by the way what budget do you have in mind?

Original Poster

was thinking around 80 each for tablets. and a bit more for a laptop.

how much more for a laptop e.g. £200?

Original Poster

im not sure how much a decent laptop would cost. if I can get a good 1 for 200 that would be great

I can look for one and see whether you can get a discount with a code

The one I would recommend and keep you going for years to come would be the Lenovo G50-70 (£299.99(

or

if you want a big bundle and slightly cheaper than the Lenovo then you could try this

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

(£279.98) for the full bundle

Just get them a cheap laptop, there's a basic Lenovo for £150 (after cashback) @ebuyer. You might even consider a second hand laptop considering their age. They'll probably want something better in a few years.

Upgrade your own laptop / tablet, and give them your second-hand cast off....

A new laptop for a 5yr old would be a spectacular waste of cash.... If it is *really* for homework, speak to their teacher as to what would actually be useful... rather than what you think would be nice for them to be able to do.

Finally, if you get a tablet look into a cover to protect it / the screen.... definitely worth the investment.

sniperpenguin

Upgrade your own laptop / tablet, and give them your second-hand cast … Upgrade your own laptop / tablet, and give them your second-hand cast off....A new laptop for a 5yr old would be a spectacular waste of cash.... If it is *really* for homework, speak to their teacher as to what would actually be useful... rather than what you think would be nice for them to be able to do.Finally, if you get a tablet look into a cover to protect it / the screen.... definitely worth the investment.

This is the best advice. Give them a hand me down and save up for something better later on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1944
      2. Any PS4 News Here29313800
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…22
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2526

See more discussions