EXPIRED

Help, Looking for new printer, with low running costs!

Hello, just had my epson sx600fw die on me, after purchasing 2 new sets of inks! seems like I should have spent the 70 pounds on a new printer. So I have decided to throw it out and look for a new one, basically looking for something which will just work as a general printer with cheap ink! compatible ink is fine! looking to spend around 40-50, wifi would be great but not a deal breaker! thank you.

10 Comments

I have a kodak one. Only £15 for both the colour and black inks.

canon outlet on ebay have great deals on refurbs...cheap to run...with a 12 month waranty. My one looked brand new...and arrived really fast

I know this blows the budget, but may be worth it in the long term.

I just bought one of these:-

ijtdirect.co.uk/?sc…0cn

2 full sets of toner (rated at 2000 pages each) for & the printer for £120. Printer is ace, really quick, nice and quiet, hooks up to the network easily (wired).

For me it is perfect as I can now forget about printers for around 2 years (even with the daughter printing out her homework a couple of times a week).

Obviously it might not fit for you, but I think it worth a mention just in case...

Original Poster

Thanks!
I like the look of that printer evilmonkey, how much would refills cost on that? I would like a printer which I dont have to worry about clogging, or general maintenance, that definitely looks like it may fit the bill!

I didn't have a huge look around, but even if you stick with that same company they're the the same price as in the offer (£60 for 3 colours + black).

Having said that if you look online there are a number of codes for 1/3 - 1/2 off toner at that place, so hopefully even less.

Other than the price (which I actually thought wasn't too bad) there are 2 main drawbacks.

- It's a laser so pictures aren't 'photo quality'. Having said that they're still pretty good. I printed out a xmas thank you card for my 2 year old with a load of her xmas piccies on it for the relatives and they came out fine.

- It's fairly large. It's got a (approx) 50x50cm foot print, but is probably 60-70cm tall as well!

Other than that I've no complaints, it sits on a shelf silenty and every now and then my wife sends a print job to it (and thank heavens to have got rid of having to share a printer through a PC!), it all just works...

E.M.

Like Karagh I bought a canon refurbished MP600 two years ago off Canon Ebay outlet. It is used (thrashed) daily for correspondence and photo work. Lots of cheap compatible inks online. Excellent product and i think you can get a wi-fi version now.

Evimonkey's suggestion looks a good deal but resolution is not good enough for photo work for me.

Hope you get something soon!

Thanks Tyke-eng just saw your post and i'm interested in this printer for letter printing. A trip to Argos and cleaning the desk tonight so i can fit it up beside my Canon printer tomorrow

Ceri;7840780

Thanks Tyke-eng just saw your post and i'm interested in this printer for … Thanks Tyke-eng just saw your post and i'm interested in this printer for letter printing. A trip to Argos and cleaning the desk tonight so i can fit it up beside my Canon printer tomorrow

The "Starter" toner is good for about 1000 prints which is probably about 2 or 3 times more than you get with inkjets anyway so at £50 its a bit of a bargain , but note the Toner that Argos are offering is not the right one for it (offer 2). The correct toner is this one argos.co.uk/web…821

My mother inlaw has had this for about 2-3 weeks now,and she told me the other day, she doesnt know what she did without it. She has gone through 2 reams of paper so far with the starter toner, and it is showing 60% remaining

Just point to note the OKI product which the Philips is branded from has a 3 year warranty, but slightly more expensive
oyyy.co.uk/pro…4cw

Thanks type-eng for all your info
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. USC voucher code pls?23
    2. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?811
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34

See more discussions