Groups
    EXPIRED

HELP ! Looking to buy a laptop but which one is 4 me ???

kind ppl

im looking to buy a laptop for home use only and looking to spend £500 - max£600 for everything !

home use being ie internet, bit of gaming, mp3 downloads and playing ripping cd's / dvd's,and the odd bit of work using autocad !!!! like to be able to record television from eurobell via cable or box or wotever i might need

can anybody please advise wot laptop would be best for me

and advice me how i can connect lappie up to tv to record tv ? is this possible ?

if any links can be provided for a good laptop for kind of price im looking at that would be a great help

many thanks in advance for any help

one very lost puppy stussy_daz :roll:

17 Comments

On Thursdays Dell come out with their new deals and the best are featured on HUKD..so please check them out

You may wish to consider this which ios a high spec for the price...over budget but you'll get over £20 quidco cashback

]http//ww…ion

sorry but unable to advise about connection for TV recordings..you can buy a doggle tuner for digital TV recording

]http//ww…com

this a digital tuner that can be used on laptops

Original Poster

thanks for help

any linkiepoohs for lappies round the 500 squid mark ?? as im tight ****** !!

thanks again in advance

hotukdeals.com/for…ell
    this was last Thursday's deal so you may wish to wait to see what comes out this Thursday.

remember 4.5% quidco and they are giving extra cashback ..I think until 23 Feb

Original Poster

heard a few horror stories with regards to dell's customer care serving etc is it true or all lies ????

will hang fire to c if any deals on thurs

so many lap tops still have no idea

lololol

oh well :whistling:

Well I've heard no horror stories about Dell but I guess there's always someone who may have been badly dealt with by any company.

Yes take a look Thursday and remeber to get the extra £25 quidco you have to spend over £400 ex vat

Original Poster

erm quidco ??

wot the hell is that ???

:prop:

stussy_daz

heard a few horror stories with regards to dell's customer care serving … heard a few horror stories with regards to dell's customer care serving etc is it true or all lies ????

It's ********, their customer service is very good.

Banned

Dell Inspiron 6400

Great i love mine Dells customer service is good...

Original Poster

thanks for everybodys help

so seems im going to find best deal from dell or comet

no bargins to be found else where ???????

your requirement for a "bit of gaming" excludes many laptops as they have basic onboard graphics....that's why I recommended the Acer at Comet because it has dedicated graphics which are a must for any games...well if you want to play them at decent settings.

So if you buy a Dell 6400 for example you'll be well advised to spec ATI 1400 hypermemory as part of the build..lets wait and see what Dell offer tomorrow.

I ordered my new laptop today, and had the same kind of budget.

I was on the phone to Dell for ages, and they had some good deals (MUCH better deals than shopping via their website and using QuidCo) but they were still far more expensive than the Acer laptops.

I opted for the "Acer Aspire 5633WLMi" laptop.
    This comes in three varieties on Acer's website, ]http//ww…uk/

They are all Core 2 Duo laptops, 1Gb memory, 120Gb hard disc, built-in memory card reader and 1.3Megapixel webcam, but they come with Windows Media Centre, so you'll have to do the free upgrade to Windows Vista yourself.

£489.97 buys you the standard version with built-in graphics.
    £569.97 gives you a version with a Go7300 256Mb graphics card.
    £619.00 buys the the Go7300 version with 3 years guarantee, carry case & mouse.

Add on £15 for next-day delivery.

I very very rarely go for the extended warantee offers, but in this case, yes, I went for this last option.

Original Poster

unclemike...

did you call them to get the extra deals as cant seem to access them via the web

cheers

daz

If you are buying via dell def go for 6400 and order via phone as you can haggle to save alot of money and get accesories thrown in!!

read this thread hotukdeals.com/for…one

good luck- I saved £70 :thumbsup: quid and got rucsac thrown in

Thanks for the info...it would be helpful if you stated the spec of the 6400 you bought..then members would know what to ask for to start the haggle

currychops

Thanks for the info...it would be helpful if you stated the spec of the … Thanks for the info...it would be helpful if you stated the spec of the 6400 you bought..then members would know what to ask for to start the haggle

Yea anymore info on this deal frazinho?

I too am searching for similar notebook type deal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment69
      2. I want some backless loafers for men44
      3. Phone "Upgrade"47
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854

See more discussions