HELP - Luggage storage London!!!

Banned 11 replies
Found 18th Jun 2008
I'm off to London for 5 days tomorrow and staying at the travelodge on City Road. But I've just been reading some reviews of the hotel and noticed there isn't a luggage storage facility.

Does anyone know where I could find somewhere to store 2 carry on luggage bags for few hours like train station lockers or something?

I'm hoping that when we get there a room will be ready or we get someone nice behind reception but don't fancy lugging the bags around for few hours on day we arrive and day we leave.

Thanks in advance

11 Comments

I rthink they may keep them behind reception for you, if you smile sweetly!

wendyak;2338787

I rthink they may keep them behind reception for you, if you smile … I rthink they may keep them behind reception for you, if you smile sweetly!

I agree, I really don't think you'll have a problem.

Original Poster Banned

Well heres hoping, Cheers

Just ask them. places like that usually have a room (perhaps a meeting room or something) thats not in use that they will let you use. Just give them a call and ask then you will know one way or the other
have a lovely trip

just get ur wife/ whoever your going with to sit on them in the reception will you go out for the day

u could get a late checkout

Victoria coach station has Luggage storage not sure on the time/cost though.

thrustmaster;2339204

Victoria coach station has Luggage storage not sure on the time/cost … Victoria coach station has Luggage storage not sure on the time/cost though.

when my mates did it at victoria, the lockers were 24 hours so you could technically come back say at the 23rd hour and the lock opens! NOT SURE how much now tho.

a quick google:
tripadvisor.com/Sho…tml

esp this post:
"The Excess Baggage Company operates the left luggage service, with the left luggage room near platform 8: look for the big WH Smith, and the facility is to the left of it, a short walk along the platform.

The cost per bag is [COLOR="red"]£6.50 for every 24 hours[/COLOR] or part thereof. Bags are screened and stored in a secure, climate controlled room.

If the rate is a bit high and you have [COLOR="red"]bags less than 34 x 16 x 14in, consider the lockers at the British Library[/COLOR]. There are lockers in the cloakroom on the lower ground floor, with the biggest the size quoted above (the lockers are 14in deep).

The lockers cost [COLOR="red"]a pound each, and I think the pound is refunded when you remove your bag from the locker at the end of the day[/COLOR]. Check the Llibrary's opening times to ensure it will be open on the day you're in London. www.bl.uk" by TravellerPlus, May 2008

and this post:
"Depending on where your hotel is in Victoria there is also a cheaper left luggage facility at Victoria Coach Station about 500 yards down the side of the rail station.

Fees here are [COLOR="Red"]2 GBP for any size bag up to 2 hours, then for up 24 hours 3.50 GBP below 20kg, 5.50 GBP over 20kg[/COLOR]" by handfordr, May 2008 too.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all your replies.

We got there at about 10.45 and they wouldn't take the luggage but offered us early check in at 12 for £10 but we decided to just go the pub and get drunk until they let us check in at 3pm LOL

We got back at hotel at 2.50 and they were even trying to charge someone £10 to check in a whole 7 minutes early!!

If you are near Royal Nation Hotel, they let people who check out that day to store luggages there for 50p each luggage. They don't check whether you are/were a guest or not so anyone can store there.

Paddy Charlie;2378583

Thanks for all your replies.We got there at about 10.45 and they wouldn't … Thanks for all your replies.We got there at about 10.45 and they wouldn't take the luggage but offered us early check in at 12 for £10 but we decided to just go the pub and get drunk until they let us check in at 3pm LOLWe got back at hotel at 2.50 and they were even trying to charge someone £10 to check in a whole 7 minutes early!!

is that even legal. £10 fine for being early ... hehe ;-)

other than that, did you have a good time in London?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions