Help me choose a new TV

Found 7th Jun
Hi all,

Looking to buy a new tv to replace a 32" Samsung 1080p I've had for 4 years. Looking at 43" models as I'm in a relatively small flat so not the biggest lounge. I sit about 2.5 metres from the TV currently.

Is there anything worth considering over this from Currys on a budget of £400-450?

currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue43mu6100-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10162837-pdt.html

Thanks,
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
You won’t benefit from 4K on a tele that small if you are sitting 2.5 metres away.
IMO that's expensive for that tv. The later version, the MU6120 (admittedly it lost the smart remote and blue tooth audio amongst other features) but is cheaper. I have the 50" and similarly upgraded from a 32" 1080p samsung. Very impressed with the TV at this price point. Obviously there are better premium TVs out there, but i think it is great for what it is.

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
shepademus7th Jun

IMO that's expensive for that tv. The later version, the MU6120 …IMO that's expensive for that tv. The later version, the MU6120 (admittedly it lost the smart remote and blue tooth audio amongst other features) but is cheaper. I have the 50" and similarly upgraded from a 32" 1080p samsung. Very impressed with the TV at this price point. Obviously there are better premium TVs out there, but i think it is great for what it is.https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue40mu6120-40-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10169112-pdt.html

Thanks, that does seem good value for money although it is slightly smaller still.

A part of me (the bit that's giddy for the world cup) feels I should just go for 49/50 if I'm spending that kind of money, to get the benefit of 4k etc, just concerned it will take over the room.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants