help me create an windows 7 ISO please!

40 replies
Found 22nd Oct 2009
Ive downloaded windows 7 and im struggling to make a correct windows 7 ISO file

I've uploaded a few screen shots so you can see which files i have, could somebody tell me which files i need to include in the iso and which i should leave? also would it be possible to download an ISO and just put my key in, meaning would that be legal or possible?

my problem is i cant upgrade because ive bought 64bit and at the moment im running 32bit

40 Comments

Original Poster

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6338/windows7piccu.th.jpg

Sorry cant help you with the ISO but...

If you have a legally acquired key them PM me and I will send you a link to download the original WIndows 32 or 64bit

what files came on the download and how big are they

The files you downloaded are for a straight install i.e. you put them on the PC you want to upgrade & run the .exe file.

As I can tell you can't make as .iso file frorm them.

You can download and install from an .iso file provided you have a valid key tfor it.

Isn't the stuff you've downloaded an upgrade version only? Hence the .exe?

[FONT=Verdana]This was touched on via an earlier thread and listed below is the link that was used as a reference guide for creating the ISO file to burn onto DVD.

Windows 7 electronic download with fresh install?
social.answers.microsoft.com/For…ba/

Cheers, Scotty Boy! [/FONT]

Original Poster

i also paid an extra £4 for the extended download service whats that?

Product Name Qty
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64 bit

DLMWin7Pro64UK.exe
* 64-bit
* Electronic Download

Extended Download Service

* Electronic Download

Original Poster

zish_uk;6654513

Sorry cant help you with the ISO but...If you have a legally acquired key … Sorry cant help you with the ISO but...If you have a legally acquired key them PM me and I will send you a link to download the original WIndows 32 or 64bit

my serial is for windows 7, i dont have a vista one because it came with it on it i got the reinstallation disc for vista tho

i also paid an extra £4 for the extended download service whats that?

I think it means you can download it again later if your copy gets lost - I didn't bother with it.

Are serial keys for Windows 7 the same as for an Upgrade-only copy?

If they are then try:

1. Run the win7 exe that came with the 2 box setup files to get the expandedSetup
2. Download imgburn
3. Run imgburn and select "create image file from files/folders"
4. Browse for the expandedSetup folder for the source and set the Destination as anything.iso
5. Before you build, click the "Advanced" tab on the right and then the "Bootable Disk" tab
6. Check off "Make Image Bootable" and then browse for etfsboot.com in expandedSetup/boot for the Boot Image
7. Build the iso (click the bottom left button) it will prompt you for a name, and later might prompt you to change the format from ISO to UDP, click ok
8. Now to burn the ISO, reopen imgburn and click "Write image file to disk"
9. Use the iso you just made as the source and a blank DVD in your drive as the Destination

You now have a bootable copy of Windows 7

If I buy a windows 7 download (student edition), and I want to format my computer in the future...How would I go about reinstalling windows 7 then?

Original Poster

hdizzle;6655194

If I buy a windows 7 download (student edition), and I want to format my … If I buy a windows 7 download (student edition), and I want to format my computer in the future...How would I go about reinstalling windows 7 then?

make sure u make a backup disc

golemsmate;6655213

make sure u make a backup disc

what like a DVD? Will it act as the W7 installation disk?

Original Poster

hdizzle;6655220

what like a DVD? Will it act as the W7 installation disk?

yup im trying to create an dvd from the files they gave me, its confusing me though

Oh ok thanks,

did you say your having a problem updating from 32bit Vista to 64bit W7? Arghh, thats what I wanted to do, but I hope it works smoothly!

So any luck? I have the expanded folder and it looks simple enough but from the links people seem to be having product key problems.

Original Poster

when it starts it asks for some drivers but i cant find them anywhere so im struggling a bit. some kind sole let me download windows xp 64bit which i think i could load it from that?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6655038
Are serial keys for Windows 7 the same as for an Upgrade-only copy?

If they are then try:

1. Run the win7 exe that came with the 2 box setup files to get the expandedSetup
2. Download imgburn
3. Run imgburn and select "create image file from files/folders"
4. Browse for the expandedSetup folder for the source and set the Destination as anything.iso
5. Before you build, click the "Advanced" tab on the right and then the "Bootable Disk" tab
6. Check off "Make Image Bootable" and then browse for etfsboot.com in expandedSetup/boot for the Boot Image
7. Build the iso (click the bottom left button) it will prompt you for a name, and later might prompt you to change the format from ISO to UDP, click ok
8. Now to burn the ISO, reopen imgburn and click "Write image file to disk"
9. Use the iso you just made as the source and a blank DVD in your drive as the Destination

You now have a bootable copy of Windows 7

i didnt see this one, i tried all other options with no luck, trying urs now

Original Poster

didnt work i dunno what to try!

golemsmate;6660195

didnt work i dunno what to try!

Worked no problems for me, reinstalled Windows 7 a few hours back from the dvd I made.

Original Poster

ryouga;6660226

Worked no problems for me, reinstalled Windows 7 a few hours back from … Worked no problems for me, reinstalled Windows 7 a few hours back from the dvd I made.

what files did you choose? did u do the bottom three? setup box 1, 2 and the exe? or just the files inside the expanded setup, i need to do it from fresh ohh this is confusing me

Original Poster

ryouga;6660226

Worked no problems for me, reinstalled Windows 7 a few hours back from … Worked no problems for me, reinstalled Windows 7 a few hours back from the dvd I made.

also did u choose the actual folder "expandedSetup" or the items contained within?

golemsmate;6660318

also did u choose the actual folder "expandedSetup" or the items … also did u choose the actual folder "expandedSetup" or the items contained within?

I opened IMGburn, selected create iso from folders then selected the folder itself not the contents then went to the advanced bit, clicked on make bootable (so it has the tick in it) browsed for the boot folder and selected boot file, then just made iso.

Original Poster

do u think it'd make a difference if i have chosen the files inside the extendedsetup, ive gone through 2 discs of my friends im gonna be poooor as soon

golemsmate;6660523

do u think it'd make a difference if i have chosen the files inside the … do u think it'd make a difference if i have chosen the files inside the extendedsetup, ive gone through 2 discs of my friends im gonna be poooor as soon

Just a thought, you have it set up in your bios or pressing a key when powering pc on to boot from cd/dvd arent you?

Original Poster

i hit F12 when it start that opens boot menu, then load from cd, it loads up the windows 7 thing then asks for drivers just before it starts im running 32bit system though

Next Cd done ill give it ago

I got the product key problem when trying to install on a blank HDD with no OS - had to install XP first.

How you getting on?

Original Poster

im having a problem making the disc when i put the files together to iso it doesnt boot from the disc this time i got error code 5. other times when it actually boots it asks for drivers i think its been silly because im using 32bit at the moment and im installing 64bit

golemsmate;6662712

im having a problem making the disc when i put the files together to iso … im having a problem making the disc when i put the files together to iso it doesnt boot from the disc this time i got error code 5. other times when it actually boots it asks for drivers i think its been silly because im using 32bit at the moment and im installing 64bit

Mate - firstly are you sure your machine is 64 bit?

Secondly - where you located? anywhere near Leicester or Coventry? I could burn it for you.

Original Poster

im located in stoke on trent, well near and my machine isnt running 64bit at the moment but its cabable of it thats why i cant just upgrade

golemsmate;6662950

im located in stoke on trent, well near and my machine isnt running … im located in stoke on trent, well near and my machine isnt running 64bit at the moment but its cabable of it thats why i cant just upgrade

Umm... If you can meet me then I can burn the iso on a dvd for you. I could also post but wont get there till tuesday.

Original Poster

if you posted ur copy would it work for me, or are all the downloads unique for the product key?

if it would work i'd take the posting option im not in too much of a rush, its just bugging me not been able to do it

if you posted ur copy would it work for me, or are all the downloads … if you posted ur copy would it work for me, or are all the downloads unique for the product key? if it would work i'd take the posting option im not in too much of a rush, its just bugging me not been able to do it

It should work fine - you can download a pirate copy too as long as you put your licence key in then your good. There is no diference.

Original Poster

worto03;6663415

It should work fine - you can download a pirate copy too as long as you … It should work fine - you can download a pirate copy too as long as you put your licence key in then your good. There is no diference.

i would download a pirate copy, but I had to sign something saying i wouldnt use torrents or even skype here anyone that could post me a windows 7 professional 64bit disc i'd love u for life

Original Poster

can anyone help out? i would pay you for the disc and everything

i have a legal code and everything

Original Poster

i cant i have a download limit thats my issue why i need help damn unis!

I will be in Manchester in the next 3 weeks so could do it for you then, but that will be too late!

Original Poster

im a little bit away from manchester at the moment, im at keele university near stoke on trent my home was near to manchester though. Could u post a copy of urs through the post? i could offer proof im not trying to aquire one illegally and stuff

our uni also monitor traffic so utorrent and illegal downloads are banned

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6680107

Ouch, I've downloaded loads on my internet. 5GB a day some days.

im jealous!! i can use wireless but its also monitored and I've signed to say i wont do anything illegal so i dont wanna get kicked out or anything
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56530
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions