1. Gucci Deals
Groups

Help me decide guys - GUCCI OR RADO WATCH

Hi guys looking to buy a watch
    seen these two but not sure which one is good.
    What do you guys think?

Rado
    goldsmiths.co.uk/Rad…36/

Gucci
    goldsmiths.co.uk/Guc…16/

10 Comments

Neither, for over £1500 there are so many better choices. For instance with that gucci watch youre just paying for the name....and a quartz movement lol. The Rado has no lume.... that would drive me nuts. How can neither the hands or indexes have lume, would have looked great on this watch. Also I think the skeleton part of this watch is a little overdone, almost a distraction.

Edited by: "umirza85" 17th Jul

Original Poster

umirza85

Neither for over £1500 there are so many better choices. For instance … Neither for over £1500 there are so many better choices. For instance with that gucci watch youre just paying for the name....and a quartz movement lol and the Rado has no lume.... that would drive me nuts. How can neither the hands or indexes have lume, would have looked great on this watch. Also I think the skeleton part of this watch is a little overdone, almost a distraction.

thanks for that so what do you suggest

How about tissotwatches.com/en-…tml
    Given that you seem to want something showy? In fact buy 2 for the price of that gopping Rado and send me one as a thank you

I'd certainly not spend much (ie £50) on a quartz. My default suggestion is a seiko automatic for £60 but they are quite small.

I'd suggest looking around creationwatches.com/ Hamilton / tissot /etc are good

optimus_prime2

thanks for that so what do you suggest

Thats tough on a couple fronts, first its a very personal choice if those two watches are what stood out to you then get them! Secondly im not very familiar around the £1500 price point as thats entry level and there are a lot of good watchmakers out there, you'd also be very hard pressed to find a decent investment watch at that price. You pretty much want to buy something you love and would be happy to wear everyday and be happy with the fact you wont be making money off of it.

Also don't be afraid of used checkout chrono24 its where most of my watches are from.

I can try give some ideas but as i mentioned everyone's tastes are different:
    Longines L2.788.4.53.0 - elegant, classy watch
    Bell & Ross BR 01-92 (or check out other models on C24) -If you want a showey watch, should be able to find one under £1400
    Omega 36mm Seamaster dive - cant go wrong with one of these, so versatile.
    TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 Automatic - beautiful watch also very versatile
    TAG Heuer Carrera Chrono - same as above
    SevenFriday - these are quite different and stick out, quite a few options here. Not my style but would pick a SevenFriday over many other skeleton type watches.
    MontBlanc Timewalker - few models to choose from

.... could go on an on really. There are a lot of good forums out there to help you out, start with watchuseek and create a post asking for some help within your budget.

Good luck! Any questions feel free to reach out.

Gucci watch is a no. Only fashion brand watches that are acceptable are Chanel, and if you're a starlet.

My first real watch was a Rado, which was what drew me in here. Was a gift from my dad, though I chose the design at the time. I'll say this, they look really cool at the time, very modern compared to other watches in any store, but.. you can get really bored with them really fast. I regretted mine and ended up selling it. Generally speaking, unless you've got loads of high end watches then stick to something that isn't too far out there.

That's not to say that you shouldn't buy something that makes your heart race. You should, but look for more subtle design tics.

Hard to know what to recommend without knowing what your wrist size is and if you're looking for a case size that looks natural for it if you're looking to go full boss with a larger bit of bling. Either's fine, just would need to know before throwing suggestions out there.
    Edited by: "Vanderlust" 17th Jul

A watch is a very personal choice . Keep an eye out on secretsales and achica. I picked up a Maurice Lacroix for £200

If I was spending O_o money on a watch I'd probably go for one of Ventura's designs. Probably the Sparc MGS or one of the Sigmas:
    ventura.ch/ind…tml

It really depends on what you want and/or whose opinion you care about though.

Wasn't this or a similar question asked a few weeks ago?

First one looks pretty ugly. Second one looks better. I am only relying on looks.

mutley12 h, 45 m ago

First one looks pretty ugly. Second one looks better. I am only relying on …First one looks pretty ugly. Second one looks better. I am only relying on looks.

Second ones an £1100 glorified stainless steel Casio stopwatch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      2. word association Game74044543
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11

See more discussions