Groups

Help me - eye problem

Since yesterday I have had some kind of small peiece of dirt in my eye however I can't get it out. I'm not exactly sure where the piece of dirt is, it feels as if it's either in my eye lid or behind my eye.

I've tried washing it with a flannel but it's still there. My eye kind of hurts every time I blink.

Any tips?

28 Comments

I get this sometimes and it's a right pain in the backside!

Sometimes it's just an eyelash poking your eye when you blink. Check it's not that and if it isn't go rinse it in shower/sink

you may av scratch the eyeball and thats what u can feel

might seem odd but have you tried blowing your nose ! I had something in my eye once, couldnt shift it but blew my nose & it came out

whatever you do though dont rub it as you might scratch your eye !

reminds me as well once i had to get something removed from my eye as it was stuck, so the eye hospital used a small dremmel like instrument to remove it, i nearly passed out !!!

Original Poster

[COLOR="Red"]Thanks for the advice everyone.

I will try and rinse my eye with water and if that doesn't work I'll gob to the chemist and get one of them eye bath things.[/COLOR]

go to your local Optician and they should have a look for free for you

Original Poster

think;6333808

go to your local Optician and they should have a look for free for you

[COLOR="Red"]I'm up north ATM staying at my GF's and I don't really have time.[/COLOR]

No football today? the club doctor could have sorted you out.

The JFK;6333785

[COLOR=red]Thanks for the advice everyone.[/COLOR][COLOR=red]I will try … [COLOR=red]Thanks for the advice everyone.[/COLOR][COLOR=red]I will try and rinse my eye with water and if that doesn't work I'll gob to the chemist and get one of them eye bath things.[/COLOR]

Good luck JFK.

I had a speck of plaster in my eye a few years back - spent the whole day trying to get it out. Tried blinking it out, an eye bath, I even had a bath (just water, no bubbles) so I could put my head under water with my eyes open and swish around but that didn't work either.

In the end I admitted defeat and went to casualty - they had it out in no time.

Original Poster

greg_68;6333857

No football today? the club doctor could have sorted you out.

[COLOR="Red"]Nah I'm injured, brah. I've got a slight problem with my hamstring and I don't want risk it as I have a important week coming up. So I've go up to my GF's for the weekend.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

inside101;6333869

Good luck JFK.I had a speck of plaster in my eye a few years back - spent … Good luck JFK.I had a speck of plaster in my eye a few years back - spent the whole day trying to get it out. Tried blinking it out, an eye bath, I even had a bath (just water, no bubbles) so I could put my head under water with my eyes open and swish around but that didn't work either.In the end I admitted defeat and went to casualty - they had it out in no time.

[COLOR="Red"]
    Thanks for the advice.

Hopefully I won't have as big a problem as you had. Hope your eyes are OK now.:thumbsup:[/COLOR]

considered you might have a small sti?

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago. Went to the doctors and I had an ulcer on the inside of my eyelid. He gave me antibiotic ointment. Can now buy this over the counter.

Original Poster

[COLOR="Red"]I still haven't been able to get the dirt/eye lash out of my eye. I have tried rinsing it with water aswell as that eye bath thing.

Maybe I should go A&E as I want it out ASAP?[/COLOR]

The JFK;6336523

[COLOR="Red"]I still haven't been able to get the dirt/eye lash out of my … [COLOR="Red"]I still haven't been able to get the dirt/eye lash out of my eye. I have tried rinsing it with water aswell as that eye bath thing.Maybe I should go A&E as I want it out ASAP?[/COLOR]

sounds like you may have the beginnings of conjunctivitus, it actually feels like a bit of grit is in the eye but its the infection.

You'll need antibiotic drops for the eye if thats what it is.

Hope you feel better soon.

eye drops m8 :thumbsup:

The JFK;6336523

[COLOR="Red"]I still haven't been able to get the dirt/eye lash out of my … [COLOR="Red"]I still haven't been able to get the dirt/eye lash out of my eye. I have tried rinsing it with water aswell as that eye bath thing.Maybe I should go A&E as I want it out ASAP?[/COLOR]

A+E isn't really for such issues. Ring up NHS direct, they might help, i always ring them for help
    ]http//ww…uk/

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6336550

sounds like you may have the beginnings of conjunctivitus, it actually … sounds like you may have the beginnings of conjunctivitus, it actually feels like a bit of grit is in the eye but its the infection.You'll need antibiotic drops for the eye if thats what it is. Hope you feel better soon.

[COLOR="Red"]
    I'm pretty sure it's not an infection as it just came on all of a sudden yesterday while I was reading the paper. Something fell from my eye lash (or an eye lash its self) into my eye. [/COLOR]

Original Poster

micoo;6336555

eye drops m8 :thumbsup:

[COLOR="Red"]Aren't eye drops just for stopping sore eyes?

I tried an eye bath thing that the lady in the chemist recommended but it hasn't done anything.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

hdizzle;6336557

A+E isn't really for such issues. Ring up NHS direct, they might help, i … A+E isn't really for such issues. Ring up NHS direct, they might help, i always ring them for help]http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

[COLOR="Red"]
    OK, I'll give them a call in a few minutes.[/COLOR]

the sedge;6333627

you may av scratch the eyeball and thats what u can feel

This happened to me too

Banned

ill +1 that it might be an eye infection coming on, sometimes the change in the air can affect the eyes to cause such a problem in your case, you'l never know until you got to docs etc

Original Poster

[COLOR="Red"]I've tried everything and I can't get the dirt out of my eye.

Would the doctor be able to get it out?[/COLOR]

The JFK;6345809

[COLOR="Red"]I've tried everything and I can't get the dirt out of my … [COLOR="Red"]I've tried everything and I can't get the dirt out of my eye.Would the doctor be able to get it out?[/COLOR]

I would make an appointment to get it checked before you end up with an infection

Have you tried pulling your top eyelid over the bottom one.

Feels a bit uncomfortable for a few seconds, but it can sometimes dislodge.

Also, they do recommend that you dont put normal water in your eyes!

Original Poster

aircanman;6345902

Have you tried pulling your top eyelid over the bottom one. Feels a bit … Have you tried pulling your top eyelid over the bottom one. Feels a bit uncomfortable for a few seconds, but it can sometimes dislodge. Also, they do recommend that you dont put normal water in your eyes!

[COLOR="Red"]Isn't it bad to play with your eye lids?

Why is it bad to put normal water in your eyes? [/COLOR]

Original Poster

bitseylango;6345839

I would make an appointment to get it checked before you end up with an … I would make an appointment to get it checked before you end up with an infection

[COLOR="Red"]I'll give the doc a call tomorrow.[/COLOR]

The JFK;6345953

[COLOR="Red"]I'll give the doc a call tomorrow.[/COLOR]

:thumbsup: better safe than sorry
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1848
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription79
      3. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!55
      4. Oil for Oak Doors56