Groups
    EXPIRED

Help me find a cheap mono laser printer for my dissertation work ????

Hi all,

I assume laser printers are cheap on a per page basis in the long run. Can somebody help me find a good deal for a mono chrome laser printer. I will prefer to buy an hp one but not very particular about it.

I could find HP LaserJet 1018 on pc world for £60 with store pick up which is not a great deal anyway, in my opinion. Any thoughts

Regards,

8 Comments

Canon i-SENSYS LBP 2900i - Mono Laser PrinterProduct code: 454550

pcworld.co.uk/pro…Day

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-9802.aspx[/url]<br/><br/>[IMG]http://direct.tesco.com/pi/Enlarge/2/100-9802F.jpg

This Brother HL2030 Mono Laser printer with a 96MHz processor has a USB interface and a 2400x600dpi printing resolution. This mono laser printer can print up to 16 black pages/min and a paper tray capacity of 200 sheets
    Was £79.84 - but not any more!Now £59.84
    59 Clubcard points
    (Bonus points available)
    Save £20.00

E B all the way... I managed to get a working printer for less than £5 simply because the seller didn't want to ship it.. Use E B's powerful advanced search to find out what vendor allows you to collect and which is near to you....

I've heard plenty of praise for the cheap samsung monos: cheapest I see outright at the moment is scan:

scan.co.uk/Pro…213

They'll give you free delivery if you're a member of (I think) hexus or avforums

If you're not, then I'd pay a few quid more (for perhaps a revised model) at ebuyer, and then find something to waste £10 on, (some paper? a USB A-B lead in case it doesnt come with one? new pendrive? dvds? some of the silly mice or webcams?) to make the free delivery threshold (£50)

ebuyer.com/pro…539

Original Poster

Hi all,

Many thanks for the valuable suggestion of all of you. I have lot of useful informaiton now.

Best Regards,

Piper

Original Poster

Hi,

I have a question.... Is it true that toner supplied with the new printers is not filled fully and just prints only a fraction of prints mentioned in the specifications. Any experience you like to share with me , please ?

Thanks a lot,
    Piper

I believe so, this is the same with all types of printer though... If you buy an inkjet you tend to get half-capacity cartridges, and with a laser printer you get a starter toner cartridge.

In the case of the samsung one I posted, ebuyer's extended specification indicates that the starter cartridge is good for 1000 pages, whereas the normal toner would last for 3000

Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your help spheric. It has been a great help. I am gona order HP LaserJet P1006 from ebuyer for £54.23 with free delivery (thanks to your tip ).

Cheers,

Piper
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions