Help me find a dash cam

Found 18th Dec 2017
So I got a nice new car in July, already some a-hole has hit and run while it was parked so it has a nice little dent in the front wheel arch and some lovely blue paint left behind scraped on the side.

i am wanting a dash cam that will both record while I drive just incase (not hit or been hit by anyone in the past 10 years but there's a first time for everything) and to kick in and record any activity while parked too. My road only has off road parking and I regularly drive down to see smashed wing mirrors or scrapes on the cars and I have had my old car hit in the mirror twice. Quite frankly I'm sick of losing out because of others bad driving.

i don't have a huge budget and ideally want something that will do the job but as cheaply as possible.

thank you in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Go for a better model nextbase is good the reason I am suggesting this is because someone drove into our car last week while parked the G SENSOR is surpost to activate on the camera it didn't now no evidence. Nice little dent. We got a maplin one at £50 but half price. Go better if I was you

My sympathies , that is sadly the way of the world these days . I'll follow this post as I too have no idea of what is a reasonable efficient dash cam (there are so many from £20 -£200 ) . Never had one so can't help you with a recommendation , but I think its time I did . Might have to play safe and go for a Nexbase at around £100 as they seem to have good reviews and maybe on sale after Xmas .
Edited by: "rogparki" 18th Dec 2017

rogparki5 m ago

My sympathies , that is sadly the way of the world these days . I'll …My sympathies , that is sadly the way of the world these days . I'll follow this post as I too have no idea of what is a reasonable efficient dash cam (there are so many from £20 -£200 ) . Never had one so can't help you with a recommendation , but I think its time I did . Might have to play safe and go for a Nexbase at around £100 as they seem to have good reviews and maybe on sale after Xmas .

That's exactly what I'm going to do get one in the January sales hopefully

Amazon always has good deals on them and at least they have reviews on there so you know you won't be buying tat x
My friend got one for his car and although he hasn't had any accidents etc we did get some good footage of the monkeys in the local safari park x
Just make sure you have a big memory card in it and a spare one you can keep in your car to change if you fill the other (wipe once you're done and use again [not ok for toilet paper])

Nextbase duo is pretty decent...I picked mine for about 90 but they're 140 brand new from Amazon...mine was from the warehouse

bingebunny14 m ago

Amazon always has good deals on them and at least they have reviews on …Amazon always has good deals on them and at least they have reviews on there so you know you won't be buying tat xMy friend got one for his car and although he hasn't had any accidents etc we did get some good footage of the monkeys in the local safari park x Just make sure you have a big memory card in it and a spare one you can keep in your car to change if you fill the other (wipe once you're done and use again [not ok for toilet paper])

Unfortunately there are so many "fake" paid for reviews on Amazon that I no longer trust them - have also read that some critical reviews are removed or not published .

The other problem is how do you get 360 degree coverage ? you would probably need 4 cams to make sure you had footage of the pond life

Should be no need for extra SD cards as most of the decent ones I have looked at overwrite the oldest footage and only save the footage immediately before an impact is sensed .

That's about as far as I've got in my research - Picture quality , night vision and effective viewing angle still to be determined .

Vava I bought two cheap when they was on kick starter now on amazon..

amazon.co.uk/VAV…cam

Check out Techmoan on YouTube

Original Poster

Thank you all, seems that nexbase will be a god bet. Will wait till the January sales to nab a bargain :

I've got one of these Eborn dash cams

Here is some footage of some idiot reversing into me.

youtube.com/wat…RfA

Sorry the youtube video isn't as good quality, they've reduced it a little when uploading, It won't let me share onedrive video but it gives you an idea.

My insurance used autoglass body repairs, They're excellent.

I'm currently in the process of claiming my excess back off third party and making them accept liability.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 19th Dec 2017

Nextbase cameras are really good but I would caution you against leaving the camera in the car when parked as you’ll likely come back to a smashed window and a missing camera even with the cheap ones.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions