Help me find a good insulation plz

Found 4th Feb
Hi i need help please i am building am extension and i need to find insulation boards for roof however there are so many choices ideally I would want double sided plywood coated insulation boards however if that option is not available I'll get the board and apply the plywood separately.

i have searched on internet but it has confused me more.

ceolotax 120mm looks good but they are expensive.

Please help.

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
Building regs will ask for celoltex between the rafters min 75mm but better to go 100mm then thay may ask you to bulk it out again with celoltex or equivalent which will bring hight of volted ceiling down another 100mm plus Batton plus plaster board so in this instance if they ask it to be bulked out again use triso insulation which is much thinner but better than celoltex. Without knowing what your BI has advised it's hard to comment. But this will give you some idea the problem you got is there is no cheap way to insulate a extension roof. Something like this will get you started

But insted of bulking out under the rafters with celoltex again use triso.
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 4th Feb
Original Poster
larrylightweight29 m ago

Building regs will ask for celoltex between the rafters min 75mm but …Building regs will ask for celoltex between the rafters min 75mm but better to go 100mm then thay may ask you to bulk it out again with celoltex or equivalent which will bring hight of volted ceiling down another 100mm plus Batton plus plaster board so in this instance if they ask it to be bulked out again use triso insulation which is much thinner but better than celoltex. Without knowing what your BI has advised it's hard to comment. But this will give you some idea the problem you got is there is no cheap way to insulate a extension roof. Something like this will get you started [Video] But insted of bulking out under the rafters with celoltex again use triso.

Thanks Larry appreciate it.
BI asked for celotex 120mm (thats for putting on top of the joices if i understood correctly) however this one is very expensive I need around 9 boards and the cheapest I can find is around 500 quid and this is very late delivery.
Edited by: "humadoon" 4th Feb
Celotex, kingspan or what ever supplier of 120mm thickness will be expensive.
We just used 180mm board on a full bungalow roof . The roof was huge and vaulted . We went through over 48 sheets . Then cross battened the underside and plasterboarded . Think them sheets where made to order .
Have a look on Gumtree - may not get all you need but people often sell off surplus material you'll be able to get at a discount.
Original Poster
Manage to get selco to do a price match with insulationgaint.co.uk 58 quid not bad for 120mm.
Original Poster
Thanks fellas
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants