Groups

HELP ME FIND A HOME CINEMA SYSTEM PLEASE xxx

Banned
    I'm after a home cinema system for me rents, not sure which ones are best and so i want to get them something decent as they have just had a new TV

I'm after something 400W+, 5.1, tallboy speakers , upscaling, HDMI, black with an optical connection...would onlyy want a big brand (Sammy, LG, Panafonic, Sony etc)

Not a deal request just a recommendation request, though best prices for the items would obvo be good, so Mods please dont move cause Idont know what I'm after yet..

probs looking in £150 - 250 region

26 Comments

Try asking on the avforums forum... Lots more help available...

[url]www.avforums.com[/url]

Tell them your requirements and i'm sure you'll get some help...

Original Poster Banned

Too mny disagreements and no consenss on AVForums....I m registered on there but not much posting from me...tis dull there

i'm looking for some new speakers too. But nothing as fancy as surround sound. i want of those speaker bars but cant seem to find much choice other than a couple on ebuyer.

ODB_69;4111132

Too mny disagreements and no consenss on AVForums....I m registered on … Too mny disagreements and no consenss on AVForums....I m registered on there but not much posting from me...tis dull there

ok... how about looking at 'What HiFi' and see what their star buys say?

I am still considering an onkyo606 and a sit of kef speakers to go with it.
    Would be talking just under 600 though a bit out your price range.,

Original Poster Banned

acecatcher3;4111291

]http://www.laskys.com/home_cinema_and_audio/home_cinema/all_in_one_home_cinema/samsung_ht_tz212r_xeu.html?cm_mmc=Dealtime-_-Home_Cinema_And_Audio-_-All_In_One_Home_Cinema-_-461237_SAMSUNG_HT-TZ212R%2FXEU&_$ja=tsid:5823|cc:|prd:461237|cat:Home+Cinema+

???? WTF

esq3585;4111279

I am still considering an onkyo606 and a sit of kef speakers to go with … I am still considering an onkyo606 and a sit of kef speakers to go with it.Would be talking just under 600 though a bit out your price range.,

How about the HK 255 or 355...?

Original Poster Banned

soz guy...needs to be 4 talboys

Original Poster Banned

acecatcher3;4111374

i hit u tallboys u fool, check ur msn

http://www.laskys.com/pic/205x205/46/12/461237.jpg

only 2 tallboys though brah

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;4111056

was looking at - … was looking at - http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccffadegemllhdjcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=474399&category_oid=

anyone know if this one is any good? good price? everything I need?

ODB_69;4111619

anyone know if this one is any good? good price? everything I need?

Ask yourself this can you find wattage in RMS in specs

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;4111646

Ask yourself this can you find wattage in RMS in specs

que?

ODB_69;4111672

que?

When looking at power output 1000 watts looks impressive. Check to make sure that is not PMPO pmpq or any nonsense like that Look for Root mean Square

en.wikipedia.org/wik…are

Especially check specs with samsung and not pixmania Dixon's etc.

i did a quick check and it is RMS so on this occasion Dixon's specs seem correct

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;4111716

When looking at power output 1000 watts looks impressive. Check to make … When looking at power output 1000 watts looks impressive. Check to make sure that is not PMPO pmpq or any nonsense like that Look for Root mean Squarehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_mean_squareEspecially check specs with samsung and not pixmania Dixon's etc.i did a quick check and it is RMS so on this occasion Dixon's specs seem correct

nice one

Had a look and seems ok..would have got same as me but think they have stopped making it but it looks ok I think, bit heavy on Wattage but still ok. Will also be used tfor projector you see so needs to hav HDMI so I can unplug and swap leads to plug into that

Have you got a Richer Sounds near you ? They are pretty good at my local one in Bristol (not pushy at all) and have ]this in their clearance. Over your budget but they may have others that are not on the web

http://www.richersounds.com/common/productpictures/medium_303962-1.jpg

LG HT953TV 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System

LG, technology led by design; experience audio like never before with this 1000W stylish home cinema system featuring iDock and 10.1 virtual sound [LIST]
    [*]1000W output
    [*]HDMI in and HDMI out - simple connectivity between video products and the TV
    [*]iDock - connect your iPod and control it all from the remote control
    [*]HDMI with 1080P up-scaling
    [*]Touch sensitive controls
    [*]10.1 Virtual Sound Matrix (V.S.M) for 10.1 virtual surround sound
    [*]USB ripping - copy music to a USB compatible MP3 player direct
    [*]HD AV sync - eliminate lip sync problems which may appear with some TV transmissions
    [*]Simplink - control with a LG TV remote control
    [*]Optical input - digital audio direct to the home cinema system
    [*]DivX movie playback
    [*]Play back MP3, WMA and JPEG files[/LIST]

choc1969;4111781

Have you got a Richer Sounds near you ? They are pretty good at my local … Have you got a Richer Sounds near you ? They are pretty good at my local one in Bristol (not pushy at all) and have ]this in their clearance. Over your budget but they may have others that are not on the webLG HT953TV 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System LG, technology led by design; experience audio like never before with this 1000W stylish home cinema system featuring iDock and 10.1 virtual sound [LIST][*]1000W output[*]HDMI in and HDMI out - simple connectivity between video products and the TV[*]iDock - connect your iPod and control it all from the remote control[*]HDMI with 1080P up-scaling[*]Touch sensitive controls[*]10.1 Virtual Sound Matrix (V.S.M) for 10.1 virtual surround sound[*]USB ripping - copy music to a USB compatible MP3 player direct[*]HD AV sync - eliminate lip sync problems which may appear with some TV transmissions[*]Simplink - control with a LG TV remote control[*]Optical input - digital audio direct to the home cinema system[*]DivX movie playback[*]Play back MP3, WMA and JPEG files[/LIST]

looks quite smart the panel apart from its a philips

Original Poster Banned

choc1969;4111781

Have you got a Richer Sounds near you ? They are pretty good at my local … Have you got a Richer Sounds near you ? They are pretty good at my local one in Bristol (not pushy at all) and have ]this in their clearance. Over your budget but they may have others that are not on the webLG HT953TV 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System LG, technology led by design; experience audio like never before with this 1000W stylish home cinema system featuring iDock and 10.1 virtual sound[LIST][*]1000W output[*]HDMI in and HDMI out - simple connectivity between video products and the TV[*]iDock - connect your iPod and control it all from the remote control[*]HDMI with 1080P up-scaling[*]Touch sensitive controls[*]10.1 Virtual Sound Matrix (V.S.M) for 10.1 virtual surround sound[*]USB ripping - copy music to a USB compatible MP3 player direct[*]HD AV sync - eliminate lip sync problems which may appear with some TV transmissions[*]Simplink - control with a LG TV remote control[*]Optical input - digital audio direct to the home cinema system[*]DivX movie playback[*]Play back MP3, WMA and JPEG files[/LIST]

wrong pic hun t'other is the Phillips...should be
    richersounds.com/sho…953

]http://www.richersounds.com/common/productpictures/medium_305204.jpg

and OMG thats sexual...I want it!

to good for rents though...however when I upgrade I am gonna go for something like that but will have a look...think nearest is Hanley

dontasciime;4111886

looks quite smart the panel

if I hadn't spent so much at Christmas I'd be buying it :oops:

ODB_69;4111890

wrong pic hun t'other is the Phillips...should … wrong pic hun t'other is the Phillips...should behttp://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=LG-HT953]and OMG thats sexual...I want it!to good for rents though...however when I upgrade I am gonna go for something like that but will have a look...think nearest is Hanley

:oops: my bad...trigger finger as was looking at options

Banned

not exactly tallboy but i can definately recommend this system
    trustedreviews.com/hom…/p1

upscaling and very loud......;-)

Banned

by the way its a lot cheaper than that now:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!36