Groups

Help me find a tune,please folks!

I was in Mcdonalds earlier eating some lunch(most unsatisfactory meal but that's another story!) and this tune was being played.I know I have heard it before, on R1 I think,but I have no idea who it's by or what it's called!

It's a very 80's sounding song imo,with synths being played on the chorus(80's sounding synths lol) it's a guy who is singing....if i could remember any lyrics...........forgive my ageing brain!
    The only lyrics I can recall are in the chorus.....another guy in a high pitched voice,singing 'you are,you are'....or something like that,slightly off key

Not much to go on I know,but can any of you trendy young things with fingers on the pulse of current music help me out please...................it's driving me mad,I need to know what this song is!!

33 Comments

Banned

yes, that well known 80's classic, 'you are' .....

Owl City - Firelies ?

look on the radio1 playlist?
    bbc.co.uk/rad…st/

was it The Wurzels - Combine Harvester and the guy was singin '' oooOOoo aaarrrr oooOOOOoo aaarrr '' .. ?

ah yes i know the one

have you checked the playlist for the show it was on.

ah i see it was Radio 1, so for that im out, cant stand radio 1.

try alphabeat

Original Poster

apples33;8215036

Owl City - Firelies ?

Nope not this......it's more of a dance tune than this,the synth is a lot heavier,but thanks anyway

Paddy_o_furniture;8215043

look on the radio1 playlist?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

Tried that....not found it there

Budgie2k7;8215045

was it The Wurzels - Combine Harvester and the guy was singin '' oooOOoo … was it The Wurzels - Combine Harvester and the guy was singin '' oooOOoo aaarrrr oooOOOOoo aaarrr '' .. ?

...........ermmmm................I may be old lol :whistling:

Original Poster

dontasciime;8215069

try alphabeat

They did that awful 'fascination' song didn't they!:?

It can't be them.......it's definitely a bloke singing,no female vocals at all.

Thanks anyway

Remember when you heard on radio 1 roughly? Go back on the iplayer

could it not be the cave from thingy and sons

this is why i like my Shazam ..

mumford and sons

Is it Audio Bullys - Only Man

It's Poison Arrow - ABC (who broke my heart - you did you did etc.)

youtube.com/wat…ZW4

I know cos I loved it when it was out way back in the 80s!

Then again maybe it isnt LOL

Original Poster

pistol6000;8215199

The Courteeners? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyNXmi6xUDw

Not that....but that is a great tune too:thumbsup:

Budgie2k7;8215234

this is why i like my Shazam ..

What is Shazam?:?

T05hie;8215237

mumford and sons

80s sounding synth sort of dance tune.......???

Not Mumford and Sons who are fab btw......kinda complete opposite to them!!!:lol:

Original Poster

Spaceface2010;8215320

Is it Audio Bullys - Only Man

Nope......it's a lot more soft and melodic than that but thanks

Original Poster

kaks26;8215331

It's Poison Arrow - ABC (who broke my heart - you did you did etc.)I … It's Poison Arrow - ABC (who broke my heart - you did you did etc.)I know cos I loved it when it was out way back in the 80s!Then again maybe it isnt LOL

:-D

I flippin' loved ABC..........and Heaven 17,Duran Duran,Soft Cell,Depeche Mode,OMD,Japan,Associates..........................I could go on lol

pistol6000;8215381

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Fcb7ToaoAprofessor green

Good call, love the wifey in this vid. Looks and voice

muckypup;8215400

:-DI flippin' loved ABC..........and Heaven 17,Duran Duran,Soft … :-DI flippin' loved ABC..........and Heaven 17,Duran Duran,Soft Cell,Depeche Mode,OMD,Japan,Associates..........................I could go on lol

Oh well - you'd have known if it was that then. Me too - loved all that. This is going to drive me nuts thinking about it - won't rest till we get it!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

pistol6000;8215381

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Fcb7ToaoAprofessor green

Nope I'm afraid........can you not get in my head and have a listen?:oops:

Its kinda melodic and ethereal but with a heavy synth riff in the chorus........I'm not very good at this

Is it something by ladyhawke perhaps

Original Poster

dontasciime;8215490

Is it something by ladyhawke perhaps

No female vocalist,only males...................I think some of the other lyrics could be

'I'm only going to be your one night stand'................I may be making that up in a desperate attempt to remember though..........or harking back to my fast and loose days before marriage!:whistling:;-)

how about this, you wanted 80s and it contains "you are"
    ]http//ww…foM

muckypup;8215543

No female vocalist,only males...................I think some of the other … No female vocalist,only males...................I think some of the other lyrics could be'I'm only going to be your one night stand'................I may be making that up in a desperate attempt to remember though..........or harking back to my fast and loose days before marriage!:whistling:;-)

answered your own question there

HOT CHIP one life stand ?
    youtube.com/wat…lPY

Original Poster

pistol6000;8215575

answered your own question thereHOT CHIP one life stand … answered your own question thereHOT CHIP one life stand ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXPIx1LlPY

That's it!!!!

I luvs you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:-D

Thanks everyone,my sanity is saved!

muckypup;8215592

That's it!!!!I luvs you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:-DThanks everyone,my … That's it!!!!I luvs you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:-DThanks everyone,my sanity is saved!

No probs:thumbsup: gave me something to do for half hour!:-D

I hate that song. :lol

Instrumental of that would be good . Just the singing is minging.

muckypup;8215400

:-DI flippin' loved ABC..........and Heaven 17,Duran Duran,Soft … :-DI flippin' loved ABC..........and Heaven 17,Duran Duran,Soft Cell,Depeche Mode,OMD,Japan,Associates..........................I could go on lol

some classic music on at the mo Synth Britannia @ the BBC on BBC 4.

So glad you found it! I can rest now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1731
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1647
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764470
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27106

See more discussions