Groups
    EXPIRED

Help me find a TV for my son's bedroom

Hey folks..

I'm looking to get either a 19" or 22" TV for my sons room this Christmas. His old 15" one has given up last night..

I need the following

Built in Freeview
    Built in DVD player
    VESA wall mountable
    At least 1 HDMI socket (2 would be ideal but 1 will do)
    It doesnt have to be 1080p, 720 would be fine...

I've seen two at the moment
    Adsa - Luxor 22" Lcd Tv - With Built-In Dvd Player £145
    Play - 19 inch HD Ready / Freeview / Widescreen LCD TV / DVD Combi

Out of the two i think the Asda one seems better as its bigger...

Not worried about brand and would even consider a refurb, I did have a look at currys / dixons refurb site but there's only one available this week...

Need to keep this as cheap as possible..
    Thanks !

11 Comments

In a few months you'll be trying to find a TV IN your son's bedroom!

DO you have any Tescos clubcard vouchers you can double up?
    If so Tescos have this if its any good. Obviosuly not the 22" like Asda, but this one will be good if you can double up and use vouchers to help pay for it.
    direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Original Poster

dcx_badass

http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/19-hd-led-tv-pvr-and-digital-tuner-kogan-elite-led/http://www.kogan.co.uk/shop/22-full-hd-led-tv-pvr-and-digital-tuner-kogan-led/Or I think there's an LG in deals for like £150.

Thanks but I need one to have a built in DVD player

Original Poster

beth3735

DO you have any Tescos clubcard vouchers you can double up?If so Tescos … DO you have any Tescos clubcard vouchers you can double up?If so Tescos have this if its any good. Obviosuly not the 22" like Asda, but this one will be good if you can double up and use vouchers to help pay for it.http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-4605.aspx

Thanks for that, Yeh i do have some vouchers but only £6.50's worth so dont think it would be worth it

moved to requests

I just purchased an absolutely fantastic tv i am thoroughly pleased with it!!! Bargain too!!! here it is: ebuyer.com/pro…512 with 3 years warranty, and i did pay for next day delivery but wasnt bothered as i saved anyway! And i am sooo chuffed someone on here spotted it for me

It does not have a built in dvd player but there old one did and was a load of poo so i purchased the fancy pebble shaped samsung upscaling hd one from tesco and its fabulous!!!!!!

Original Poster

thanks for that . . .
    The only reason i want to opt for one with a built in DVD player is so that I can minimize all the wires and plugs that'll go everywhere as it'll be wall mounted...

Also going to Velcro a sumvision cyclone micro media player to the side

We have ours up on the wall along with the dvd player and the wires are minimal, not too messy looking, but it truley is a fabulous tv and the dvd player is soo wierd lookin i love it! haha ps my boys are only 2 and 3 hahahah x SPOILT comes to mind!

Original Poster

got a link to the DVD player. I'm interested for another room..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Electricity68
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions