Groups

help me find an Indian restaurant in York please :-) !

I am sure that when we were here a few years ago that we went to a really good Indian for a meal - but I can't remember what it was called or exactly where it is :-( !

All I can remember is that you went downstairs at the entrance into an old crypt :-) - does anyone know where it is - or am I completely nuts and in the wrong city :-) ??!!

Thanks for any help :-)

19 Comments

Anymore clues?? from york.

Original Poster

Wish I did lol but it was a few years ago and that's all I can remember, except I think it was probably nearer the castle end of town - maybe near piccadilly ? If not, can u recommend any where for a nice meal as its our last night here tonight - thanks :-) !

isn't there one up haxby road?

Jaipur Spice
    Edited by: "fwibble" 8th Sep 2010

Banned

boothy

Muslims love to burn an effigy of various western leaders....nothing … Muslims love to burn an effigy of various western leaders....nothing wrong with the americans having a go for a change

Wrong thread ha ha!

Banned

Original Poster

According to yell there's loads which is why I am asking as I don't know the city and don't know which one might be the one I am looking for :-) !

Not an indian but biltmore is nice as a wine bar/ italian meal. also next to voodoo lounge if you fancy a few drink!

Original Poster

Whereabouts is biltmore :-) ? Thanks for suggestion as I love italian :-) !

http://www.thebiltmorebarandgrill.com/images/Pic_19.htm

Swine gate. If you go to the main square where the fountain is. Head in the direction of browns but turn right down the main road before it. Then take your next left.

Banned

vraptorchick

According to yell there's loads which is why I am asking as I don't know … According to yell there's loads which is why I am asking as I don't know the city and don't know which one might be the one I am looking for :-) !

Look on the yell map

Original Poster

Thanks nefertiti will have a look :-)

DLM - maps not much use if I don't know what road its on :-) !!

Banned

vraptorchick

Thanks nefertiti will have a look :-)DLM - maps not much use if I don't … Thanks nefertiti will have a look :-)DLM - maps not much use if I don't know what road its on :-) !!

I thought you had been before.

Were you blind-folded

not the one you mentioned but what about the Aagrah 2 miles outside of York on the A64. Been a while since I ate there but it used to be very good....

Original Poster

DLM - it was a few years ago to be fair lol and may not even have been in York tbh as been a lot of places since

Gari - Thanks for the recommendation

akbars.co.uk/
    We went to this one last year when we went to york. It's on George Hudson St, also went to the turkish place up the road the next night which was nice.

There are loads of indians in york, loads and loads, lots are pretty good. Can't think of the one you mean though - there's are few restaurants down in 'crypts'/cellars but I can't think of an Indian...

Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions - much appreciated

You guys need to try out Akbars restaurant the food there is delish!
    ps: not sure if york has an Akbars
    akbars.co.uk/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1014
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions