Groups

Help me find this book! Please :)

I used to read a book when I went to my grandma's when I little, and I can't remember what it was called
    It was about a boy ( I reckon he was a traveller as he lived in a caravan with his dad! ) Anyway one day his dad died ( Or so he thought, it turned out his dad was alive at the end of the book! ) He then runs away, and he's hardly got any money, and he sell's something to an antique shop which he pretends is King Charles Hair Oil or something like that!!
    Anyway, does anyone have any idea at all??
    Cheers!!
    Jack

4 Comments

I can only remember Danny the champion of the world.. It used to be knocking around at school and on the cover was him and a caravan (how I can remember that from years ago, yet nothing from last week, I dont know!).. I never read it though so it could be well off! I just remember that cover!

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Could be jack and the beanstalk, you might of mixed the beans up with … Could be jack and the beanstalk, you might of mixed the beans up with hair oil

If only it was that simple, thanks, but nope

Nikki999

I can only remember Danny the champion of the world.. It used to be … I can only remember Danny the champion of the world.. It used to be knocking around at school and on the cover was him and a caravan (how I can remember that from years ago, yet nothing from last week, I dont know!).. I never read it though so it could be well off! I just remember that cover!

Unfortunately it's not that either
    It was more a childs book than a paperback!
    Had some pictures in if I remember correctly!

It might be easier to track down if you had a rough idea of publishing year.
    How long ago was it since you read it?
    When you read it was it a new book?
    Even a decade might narrow it down a bit.

Original Poster

I have no idea
    It would be about 10 years at least!
    My grandma now lives in a care home, and so I'm not sure where the book would have gone!
    Thanks,
    Jack
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      3. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56

See more discussions