@@@@@@@ Help me fix my new washing machine guys! @@@@@@@@

Found 5th Oct 2015
Bought a new Samsung Ecobubble washing machine and I am a little confused what to do?

Please refer to the photos below. As you can see on the machine there's only one slot (picture 3), so where do I put the hot water? Do I require attaching a Y-piece and joining them together? If so, why wasn't this supplied? Or do the newer models not require hot water plugs fitting in? and automatically generate it.

HELP GUYS! LOL

Pictures:
i1341.photobucket.com/alb…peg
Community Updates
AskWashing Machine
44 Comments
they only require cold water as far as I know. Recently bought an Ecobubble myself and it only required a cold water input.
Edited by: "dtemple" 5th Oct 2015
I think most new washing machines just use cold water feed and heats the water itself.
as above it won't need hot most don't lately
Machines have been " cold fill " for years. It is rare to find one with hot fill these days, so I think you can safely assume that it is cold fill only. Your Instruction User/Book/manual should tell you this, or if not then " google " is your friend.
cold fill and then adjust temp to clothes
Yep, just cap-off your existing hot water supply that went to your old machine - all washing machines are now cold-feed only.
dtemple

they only require cold water as far as I know. Recently bought an … they only require cold water as far as I know. Recently bought an Ecobubble myself and it only required a cold water input.

chuckiedoll

I think most new washing machines just use cold water feed and heats the … I think most new washing machines just use cold water feed and heats the water itself.

stefromuk

as above it won't need hot most don't lately

st8mike

Machines have been " cold fill " for years. It is rare to find one with … Machines have been " cold fill " for years. It is rare to find one with hot fill these days, so I think you can safely assume that it is cold fill only. Your Instruction User/Book/manual should tell you this, or if not then " google " is your friend.

Spammy1

cold fill and then adjust temp to clothes

Thanks guys

Splodger101

Yep, just cap-off your existing hot water supply that went to your old … Yep, just cap-off your existing hot water supply that went to your old machine - all washing machines are now cold-feed only.

How do I cap-off the existing hot water supply? There's no switch to turn the hot water one off thanks
wife's still using a mangle no problem
Remove the flexible red pipe (that went to old washing machine) from the hot water supply (pipe) next to the wall and fit an end-cap to the valve on the hot water pipe...@@@@@@@@@@@@ here Oh, and have a quick read of the reviews!!!

Edited by: "Splodger101" 5th Oct 2015
Splodger101

Remove the flexible red pipe (that went to old washing machine) from the … Remove the flexible red pipe (that went to old washing machine) from the hot water supply (pipe) next to the wall and fit an end-cap to the valve on the hot water pipe...@@@@@@@@@@@@ here

THANK YOU! So I remove the entire red pipe off right and then replace the end (on the wall) with this cap?
Won't water start gushing out the minute I remove the red pipe though since there's no way of switching it off prior to its removal
Edited by: "MRR_ltd" 5th Oct 2015

Errr, you have already turned your hot water supply off to your old machine... the little red handle? Just put the new end-cap on the hot water valve - once you have removed the red flexible pipe from the valve... oO

MRR_ltd

THANK YOU! So I remove the entire pipe off right and then replace the end … THANK YOU! So I remove the entire pipe off right and then replace the end (on the wall) with this cap? Won't water start gushing out the minute I remove the pipe though

Edited by: "Splodger101" 5th Oct 2015
Sometimes pays to spend that little extra when ordering new appliances to have them fitted correctly.
Splodger101

Errr, you have already turned your hot water supply off to your old … Errr, you have already turned your hot water supply off to your old machine... the little red handle? Just put the new end-cap on the hot water valve - once you have removed the red flexible pipe from the valve... oO

Oh, I see the little red handle now. Haha cheers for the help matey X) Will report back with the results of the finished product.
Splodger101

Haha, I only realised after opening up the photo, as I was wondering how you knew it was off and I didn't xD

Thank you Splodger101, really appreciate the help.
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/MRR_LTD/image-05-10-15-02-13_zps9tpxwdku.jpeg

I'm certain I see a normal stop valve/tap on the cold supply and one of the screw type stop valves in the hot supply (as seen in the above picture)

If correct OP needs to turn the screw to off (close the valve)

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/project_images/Ballofix/valve.gif
Edited by: "philphil61" 5th Oct 2015

Errrm, red handle looks partially closed - you will be needing a HUKD for waterproofs next!!! Have fun

MRR_ltd

Haha, I only realised after opening up the photo, as I was wondering how … Haha, I only realised after opening up the photo, as I was wondering how you knew it was off and I didn't xDThank you Splodger101, really appreciate the help.

By George, I think you are right, but a little difficult to tell! Anyways, off to do some washing now lols. Byeee.

philphil61

I'm certain I see a normal stop valve/tap on the cold supply and one of … I'm certain I see a normal stop valve/tap on the cold supply and one of the screw type stop valves in the hot supply (as seen in the above picture)If correct OP needs to turn the screw to off (close the valve)

philphil61

I'm certain I see a normal stop valve/tap on the cold supply and one of … I'm certain I see a normal stop valve/tap on the cold supply and one of the screw type stop valves in the hot supply (as seen in the above picture)If correct OP needs to turn the screw to off (close the valve)

What's that attachment image you showing there? Once I turn it off, just attach a Brass Washing Machine Blanking Cap that Splodger101 linked right...
Splodger101

Errrm, red handle looks partially closed - you will be needing a HUKD for … Errrm, red handle looks partially closed - you will be needing a HUKD for waterproofs next!!! Have fun

I can confirm it's partially closed because my brother told me it leaks -_- actually I think its broken actually and won't turn fully? now what

>_
Splodger101

By George, I think you are right, but a little difficult to tell! … By George, I think you are right, but a little difficult to tell! Anyways, off to do some washing now lols. Byeee.

Don't leave me, lol joke hope you enjoy the rest of your day
MRR_ltd

What's that attachment image you showing there? Once I turn it off, just … What's that attachment image you showing there? Once I turn it off, just attach a Brass Washing Machine Blanking Cap that Splodger101 linked right...

That image at the bottom of my first comment is a stop valve but rather than the normal one (with a tap) some have screws

If there is this type on the hot supply that needs to be turned to the off position (stop) and it won't matter about the faulty red plastic tap.

HTH

In the accent of a drunk Irishman... to be sure, to be sure can you take another image of the connection of the hot supply (add flash or additional lighting) just to the right of the red tap/connector
philphil61

That image at the bottom of my first comment is a stop valve but rather … That image at the bottom of my first comment is a stop valve but rather than the normal one (with a tap) some have screwsIf there is this type on the hot supply that needs to be turned to the off position (stop) and it won't matter about the faulty red plastic tap.HTHIn the accent of a drunk Irishman... to be sure, to be sure can you take another image of the connection of the hot supply (add flash or additional lighting) just to the right of the red tap/connector

Ah I think you're right, do I just need to use a tool (like a screwdriver) to turn off the bottom one then (hot water)

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/MRR_LTD/image-05-10-15-05-04-1_zpsn4vcqb42.jpeg
Didn't read the whole thread so may have missed someone else saying it but be sure to remove the shipping bolt(s)
ZaphodBeeblebrox

Didn't read the whole thread so may have missed someone else saying it … Didn't read the whole thread so may have missed someone else saying it but be sure to remove the shipping bolt(s)

Thanks I removed them, but what difference does it make if I kept them on? Don't see the purpose of it tbh.
MRR_ltd

Ah I think you're right, do I just need to use a tool (like a … Ah I think you're right, do I just need to use a tool (like a screwdriver) to turn off the bottom one then (hot water)

Yes - that's your stop valve - but unsure if it's fitted in the right direction to confirm which way to turn off

Here's what I suggest

Turn it completely one way (possibly clockwise) until it tightens. Then place a bowl or bucket underneath the connections and start to remove the red hose. If it starts leaking a fair amount (not just 1/2 pint) then re-seal and turn the screw the other way (anti-clockwise) and try again.

There will be a little water (what's left in the pipe/connections) but it shouldn't be much.

HTH
MRR_ltd

Thanks I removed them, but what difference does it make if I kept them … Thanks I removed them, but what difference does it make if I kept them on? Don't see the purpose of it tbh.

They'd damage the drum/machine. The drum needs to be able to vibrate (on springs I think) to reduce movement of the whole machine whilst in use. To prevent damage during transit they fit shipping bolts - these should without question be removed before use.

the valve does not screw in to tighten. it is in fact a ball valve. consider it a ball with a hole through.....therefore to stop it, it needs a half turn such that the screw slot is at right angles to the valve. when in line with pipe it is on, when at right angles it is off. hope that helps
philphil61

They'd damage the drum/machine. The drum needs to be able to vibrate (on … They'd damage the drum/machine. The drum needs to be able to vibrate (on springs I think) to reduce movement of the whole machine whilst in use. To prevent damage during transit they fit shipping bolts - these should without question be removed before use.

Absolutely agree. failure to remove all packing will vibrate your machine and ruin it.
make sure you find ALL including cardboard under lid You must refer to unpacking instructions to make sure nothing is missed
magicianfx

the valve does not screw in to tighten. it is in fact a ball valve. … the valve does not screw in to tighten. it is in fact a ball valve. consider it a ball with a hole through.....therefore to stop it, it needs a half turn such that the screw slot is at right angles to the valve. when in line with pipe it is on, when at right angles it is off. hope that helps

​You mean a quarter turn?
magicianfx

the valve does not screw in to tighten. it is in fact a ball valve. … the valve does not screw in to tighten. it is in fact a ball valve. consider it a ball with a hole through.....therefore to stop it, it needs a half turn such that the screw slot is at right angles to the valve. when in line with pipe it is on, when at right angles it is off. hope that helps

Thanks... I should have known it was ball valve (having spent more than a decade in a business that included plumbing supplies) but hey ho must be getting old

or just not trying to blind the OP with science <<< that's my excuse - - honest
craigstephens

​You mean a quarter turn?

you won that one - match point magicianfx to serve
While the machine is out get a wet cloth and have a clean ...... just sayin.
yep a quarter turn or however much of a turn is needed (depending where it is when you start) so that the screwdriver slot is at right angles to the valve ! lol
transit

While the machine is out get a wet cloth and have a clean ...... just … While the machine is out get a wet cloth and have a clean ...... just sayin.

surprised you didn't suggest that task whilst in the comfort of one of your best buys Transit .....just saying
philphil61

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZN_UlZftsE from 6mins 55 secs

Erm nice video but I thought the valve had already been fitted
magicianfx

Erm nice video but I thought the valve had already been fitted

You missed something?

Yes you did!

from 6mins 55 secs
Yes I missed the graphical illumination of turning the screw to be at right angles to the valve ! I had lost the will to keep watching long before 6 mins 55 sec
cold fill only now X)
I thought my plumbing was a mess
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants