Groups

Help me please on Internet query...

Iv not got my sky broadband yet but im on the net thru a BTOpenzone hotpsot in my flat,
    can i run thre 360 thru the laptop so i can play online?
    as iv not got a key (coz its a hotspot which iv paid 15 for 5 days) i cant get the 360 to link up with BT open zone lol

16 Comments

You'll need a crossover cable, then use internet connection sharing

possibly
    set up network connection sharing

Tillboy;4552974

You'll need a crossover cable, then use internet connection sharing

Any cable will do.

Original Poster

can i use the ethernet (whatever its called) cable that came with the 360?

how do i set up an internet connections sharing?

thanks for the help

deathtrap3000;4552985

Any cable will do.

Never realised that the 360 Autosensed... live and learn eh!

saxo_appeal;4553003

can i use the ethernet (whatever its called) cable that came with the … can i use the ethernet (whatever its called) cable that came with the 360? how do i set up an internet connections sharing? thanks for the help

yeh that cable will work.

open network connections (in the control panel)
    right click on the network connection that your internet is connected through, select properties, go to the advanced tab, tick the box allowing others to connect to the internet using that connection, select your lan port, deselect the box allowing others to control the connection.
    Apply
    Done.

Make it look like this
    http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/deathtrap3000/Untitled-1.jpg

Original Poster

thanks folks

Original Poster

ok im on vista and iv got network and sharing open, but i cant right click on anything

Original Poster

ok got it, iv now tried to connect to the pc and it gave me...

Pc not listed iv waited 30 seconds but my pc hasnt came up for selection

hmmmm

Original Poster

WOO HOOO

im signed in

back of the net !!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

thanks for all the help

Original Poster

only probkem now is.... it logs out after 15min....

wonder if i can find a program that keeps the internet going so i dont have to keep refreshing the internet page every 14 min lol

saxo_appeal;4553324

WOO HOOOim signed inback of the net !!!!!!!!!!!! hahahathanks for all the … WOO HOOOim signed inback of the net !!!!!!!!!!!! hahahathanks for all the help

I think you'll struggle playing games on XBL with openzone, I can't remember for sure but I think the upload speed is pretty poor (especially if its an openzone from someones hub).

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4553350

I think you'll struggle playing games on XBL with openzone, I can't … I think you'll struggle playing games on XBL with openzone, I can't remember for sure but I think the upload speed is pretty poor (especially if its an openzone from someones hub).

its really good paddy :thumbsup: no slowness at all

saxo_appeal;4553339

only probkem now is.... it logs out after 15min....wonder if i can find a … only probkem now is.... it logs out after 15min....wonder if i can find a program that keeps the internet going so i dont have to keep refreshing the internet page every 14 min lol

Open a commmand prompt and type ping [url]www.microsoft.com[/url] -t Should hopefully keep the connection up

Original Poster

how do you do that ?

Original Poster

its cool i got it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764612
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4031718
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2034
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523471

See more discussions