Help me please with a multi TV purchase

Found 6th Jan
Hey guys!

I’m after buying 3 new TVs.

For myself I want a LG OLED55B7V.

For my dad I want, 55 inch with a budget of £600, but I will spend a little more if there’s a steal to be had.

For my friend I want a 40 ish inch with a budget of £350

Since I’m spending so much, is there any way to get some sort of deal or discount?

If I walked into RicherSounda with the cash in hand, do you think they would sort me out a special deal or something ?

I thought I had this covered, but my heads about to explode!

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Shop around and ask them. Tell them you want 3, ask if they can do a deal. You will probably be able to get a “staff” discount, maybe more. But essentially you just have to try your luck. Try and speak to the managers too, they have more authority and they want the sale...

Original Poster

kristoff187514 m ago

Shop around and ask them. Tell them you want 3, ask if they can do a deal. …Shop around and ask them. Tell them you want 3, ask if they can do a deal. You will probably be able to get a “staff” discount, maybe more. But essentially you just have to try your luck. Try and speak to the managers too, they have more authority and they want the sale...

Thanks a lot for the reply, that's basically what i wanted to hear and sounds promising!

I'm going to give it a try and head to Richer Sounds tomorrow, i'll let you know how i get on, cheers again

Fifster033 m ago

Thanks a lot for the reply, that's basically what i wanted to hear and …Thanks a lot for the reply, that's basically what i wanted to hear and sounds promising! I'm going to give it a try and head to Richer Sounds tomorrow, i'll let you know how i get on, cheers again

If you’re going to buy anyway, it’s definitely worth asking. Don’t limit yourself to one shop either, shop around. Go to currys, John Lewis, RS etc. If any of them do offer you a discount, use this in the other shops as a bargaining tool.

Original Poster

kristoff187517 m ago

If you’re going to buy anyway, it’s definitely worth asking. Don’t limit yo …If you’re going to buy anyway, it’s definitely worth asking. Don’t limit yourself to one shop either, shop around. Go to currys, John Lewis, RS etc. If any of them do offer you a discount, use this in the other shops as a bargaining tool.

Ok cool I will the only problem I have is I do not drive myself.

I reckon the best way to do this would be to go in store with the cash, rather than email around?

p.s thanks again really apreciate the tips
Edited by: "Fifster03" 6th Jan

I tried this recently on 2 TVs in Richer Sounds, one for my dad and one for my nephew, they weren't having any of it. The best they offered was £10 which was the normal VIP email offer. I ended up buying my nephew's and then going back a few weeks after to buy my dad's. The good news for you is the combined price of the TVs was around £1,000 and one of them was offer of the week so was already discounted. I'd be tempted to give Richer Sounds telesales a call if you know the 3 TVs you're after.

You buy them all with your debit card registered through quidco and get 2% cash back
Edited by: "Wadda" 6th Jan

Fifster0310 h, 3 m ago

Ok cool I will the only problem I have is I do not drive myself. I reckon …Ok cool I will the only problem I have is I do not drive myself. I reckon the best way to do this would be to go in store with the cash, rather than email around?p.s thanks again really apreciate the tips

Doesn’t matter what tender is used, as said below, cards can get cash back in some places. But definitely best to ask when you’re in store as they want you to buy before walking out.

Also worth benchmarking against online prices. It’s not guaranteed that whatever offer you get is the cheapest price available.
Post a comment
@
    Text