Groups
    EXPIRED

HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE my harmony 525 remote has frozen on the welcome screen

dunno what happened,the other night there it just stopped working and is on the welcome to your remote screen.i take out the batteries and put them in again and it's still frozen,i update it and it's still frozen can anyone help me out thanks in advance guys :thumbsup:

16 Comments

Banned

i will give you £10 for it

Original Poster

what????? do u know how to fix it like????

Banned

vinylkiller;2470964

what????? do u know how to fix it like????

sorry you wanted help, I offered to help by buying it off you :thumbsup: my suggestion though would be to read the manual, is there a hard reset somewhere on it or a combination of keys to press to hard reset it.

Original Poster

no hard reset and why woukd u offer to buy??? i want it fixed so if u were wanting to buy to fix it then i am sure it would be nice if u let me know how to fix it for myself

Banned

vinylkiller;2470997

no hard reset and why woukd u offer to buy??? i want it fixed so if u … no hard reset and why woukd u offer to buy??? i want it fixed so if u were wanting to buy to fix it then i am sure it would be nice if u let me know how to fix it for myself

no idea how to fix, I just know they are worth quite a bit was looking for a bargain.

Have you tried to update the firmware, also try to leave the batteries out overnight so it completely discharges itself

Original Poster

left em out overnight and did an update still no joy me so sad now

There's a safe mode, you can see if you can access that(hold down power button remove and re insert batteries)

Original Poster

nup nothing mate any other ideas

vinylkiller;2471063

nup nothing mate any other ideas

I'll have a Google for you

Edt - massage all the buttons, check that none have become stuck down

Original Poster

ur a star mate cheers for the help

vinylkiller;2471074

ur a star mate cheers for the help

No problems, i'm running out of solutions though it seems to be a comon problem, most people just say they phone the help centre and they solve it without really doing aything???

Another solution i've found is to try and update the software using the PC but leave the batteries out of the remote. Also try do re do the initial setup

Harmony ? dont they make hairspray ? no wonder it's frozen ! ;-)

Same thing happend to me about a week after I got it, lost my temper with it....almost launched it.

Turns out its prone to a button sticking... well not sticking but getting caught.

Felt a bit silly afterwards :oops:

Original Poster

what button

Original Poster

celticsun you are the daddy,rep added mate cheers v much :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Important info for Ryanair customers1520
      2. Spotify Family Premium share512
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?914